On August 30 a Sears service representative told us that our Whirlpool dryer had a bad board error code PF that made it not worth repairing. We bought a new Whirlpool dryer from Sears outlet 9322 on 9/3.

It demonstrated the same error code PF. The Whirlpool repair representative quickly determined yesterday that the real problem was the wall plug.I repaired the wall plug and the dryer works fine. The delay between 9/3 and today is because Whirlpool repair had to first come out to fix "cosmetic damage" that was impacting the drum. The PF failure was addressed on the second visit.

I believe I took a perfectly good dryer to the recycling place and got $4.00 and purchased from Sears a new dryer for $543.77 that we really did not need. This action was based on the Sears repair representatives incorrect diagnoses.I do not believe the person knew what the meter was really saying. We paid $90.+ for this service. I spent several hours in the Sears phone system yesterday trying to get relief.I talked to two Asian countries and two States in the USA.

I finally got a Case # 6473160 assigned I hope. My concern is how to follow up with Sears.

Their phone representative would not make any commitment for any feedback. How do I follow up with Sears?

David and Karen Hardisty 269 362 0724 davehardisty@comcast.net

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Sears Cons: Incorrect diagnosis of dryer problem, Phone service is horrible no one is trained to problem solve, Lack of common sense and courtesy to solve the problem, Telephone firewalls for customer service.

Comments

You will not get a penny back. You are correct on the tech not knowing how to read a meter. Sears techs are only salesman pushing there home warranty that is a scam

Sears Reviews