1.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I purchased a garage door opener and installation online on July 21, 17. I picked up the opener that day and was told install would call me.

I never received a call, but I did get an email stating that install did not have my contact info. I replied to that email with that info. After a few days, not receiving a reply or call, I replied to that email again. I received an email reply with a number I should call.

I called that number and spoke with someone, who set up an install date of 7/27, with instructions they would call on 7/26 with the install time window. No call was received on 7/26, nor did anyone call or show up on 7/27. I called on 7/28 and was told they could not see my purchase info in their system. I was instructed to call Sears directly.s went I called and received an out of country customer service rep, after having to continually say customer service rep their recorded system.

When speaking with the real person, I was advised that they see the order in the system, so they transferred me to install again. Install still could not see the order in their system. This went on a number of times. So I went to the live chat on Sears.com.

WFirst chat, I was given a $20 credit, and was sent to yet another number to call. I called that number and started the let me get you to install to set up your appointment rounds again. After a dozen or more calls, I was told that for some reason (they could not explain) they installation purchase was not sent to install, so I was told they were going to credit the install cost and that I should go back and re-purchase installion. I decided to wait the 7 to 10 days for the credit to come thru before paying $131.99 (total includes tax) again.

The credit never came. So I called again father the 10 days and was told they did not know Why the credit did not come thru, but Marcus assured me that on Friday (3 days from that date) the credit would be on my card and he was going to call me that Friday to confirm. As you can tell by my story, that did not happen. I tried to call him, but they could not connect me to Marcus, but this rep said she would get install for me.

This was on 9/8, 49 days since the purchase. I instructed her that me talking with install would not so she said she would speak with them, so please hold. Of course about 15 minutes into holding, I was disconnected, again. In the mean time,I I had placed a dispute with Citi bank, for my Costco card, about 3 weeks prior which was still pending to that date, until they considered it resolved after getting the credit copy of the $20 slip.

So I went to the Seattle/Shoreline store where I picked up the opener on 8/9. I spoke with the Manager on duty, Rachel Farris, who apologized for the hassle, but advised me that since it had been over 30 days, she was "locked out" of the ability to credit me for the install. I advised her that I still had the opener in my car outside, was not trying to return that, but just wanted the credit for the install so I could try and set it back up. She apologized again.

I asked for the name and contact number of the District Manager, but Ms. Farris said that Eye would not be able to help, and to simply call the number she gave me. I called once agaIn and was told the reason the credit was not processed is because they never asked for my card number. Even though that was not correct as the $20 credit was received without me having to give that to the chat rep.

So lots of excuses, but no help to date. As of today, 9/17, almost 2 months from the date of purchase, I have not been helped, the opener has not been installed, and Sears has yet to credit my account. Citi bank has this info, with back up and is "working" on the claim. I did not try to return the opener since I received that with my Shop Your Way points, so that was at no cost.

If anyone has the actual number for the major customer service complaint line, I would appreciate it. ~Joe

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Garage Door Opener Installation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Still not received installation service or credit for same.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 17, 2017.

Comments