2.3
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Unbelievable poor installation and service team (got into a fight with each other and used the F-Bomb and his only adjective).

Purchased a washer and dryer instore after researching the brand and model I wanted. Delivery scheduled for the next Saturday. I was out of town but my wife and mother were present. Two delivery men arrived and began to argue with each other in my driveway about how to assemble the pedestals. Their argument became very loud and obscene. One yelled back at the other, “Don’t tell me how to do my ***’N JOB!” It became bad enough that my wife called my neighbor to come over to help prevent a fight.

Then the rest of the fun began. They told my wife that, “they were only scheduled 14 minutes to be here and didn’t have time for this ***.” (as if their scheduling issue was my wife’s fault). The service order specifically stated that the doors on the washer had to be reversed. The installed told my wife, “we don’t do that ***’n stuff out in the field, and I don’t have the right drill bit to do it.” My wife informed him that her brother was a contractor and she was sure he would have the drill bit needed. Then he immediately yelled, “*** It!” walked out to his truck and brought in the drill to do it.

While switching the doors my wife walked past the laundry room right when the installed yelled, “Oh ***!” and she hear something drop into the bottom of the washer. He looked up and her and quickly said “Don’t worry that won’t hurt anything”.

After over an hour they left, but first handed my wife the package that contained the new hose that the sale rep told me was required and that they would not install a new washer without it. The installer told my wife, “The one you had was better than that cheap piece of *** they sold you, so I left the old one on.”

When I returned home that evening I noticed the dryer did not have the water line hooked up (this model has a steam option). That night I received an online survey. I filled it out honestly and one question asked if I wanted a member of management to return my call. I replied “Yes”.

About 30 minutes later I got a call from “Rick”, the Fort Wayne, IN store manager. He heard my complaint and claimed he was going to have the regional manager call me. They would schedule someone to come out and finish the installation. So far no return call.

Would have gladly paid more and gone somewhere else.

This reviewer shared experience about problem with delivery and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Sears. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments