With Company response Not resolved

A representative from SEARS showed up to my house to inspect my central AC system. After he finished inspecting the system he gave me an estimate of approximately $8,000.00 + to install a new furnace and AC condenser.

I wasn't ready to spend that much money, so I asked him for an estimate to install whatever needed to be replaced downstairs and then I would get the rest after I finished paying for what was installed. He gave me an estimate for $4,786.00. He said first I had to apply for a credit check and initial some documents giving him authorization to do a credit check. After I was approved he said that he would order the furnace to be install ASAP and he would e-mail me the contract the next day.

He guaranteed that a SEARS certified technician would install everything from beginning to end. That a SEARS van would come to the house with a SEARS’s technician to install the equipment he ordered. He left me his cell number so that I could call him whenever I needed him (he never answered his phone or called back). I called the office number and spoke to the people on duty and they gave me the run around.

I called them consistently to try and get the job done, nothing. Two weeks later a contractor showed up, he showed up with a four-ton furnace that did not fit where the guy who gave me the estimate measured. He showed up with a four-ton furnace that was too big. He told me that he had to order a new furnace that fit in the same spot.

During this time I continue to call SEARS to find out when they were going to install the new furnace, eventually some guy called me and told me that the furnace would be in on Thursday and that Friday it would be installed. A contractor showed up to my house with a three-ton furnace. During the installation my father watched the installers working on the furnace when he witnessed them puncture the AC coil and the Freon leak out. Afterwards he also saw them soldering the leak.

My father believed that they had fixed the leak and recharged the compressor with Freon. I came home from work and I tested the system to see if it was working and it wasn’t blowing any air from the vent. I called the installer (contractor) from the number on the sticker they left on the furnace. They sent the some guys back to show me that the furnace was not blowing any air.

I called back again they sent the manager from this company and he showed up and guess what, he had to rewire the system. Now the furnace was blowing some air but still not what I expected from a new furnace. He checked my AC and he said that I only had ten pound of Freon in my compressor, that I possibly had a leak in the coil. When I explained to him what my father witnessed he told me to deal with SEARS.

Since the day of the installation I have been trying to get SEARS to take care of the problem. Leaving messages that were never returned, contacting corporate to file a complaint, and contacting the local management. I even sent them pictures of the soldered pipes. I’m going past two months without SEARS fixing the damage.

No air-conditioning to cool my apartment. I had to purchased two AC, a window AC and portable AC. My parents are in their late 70’s and cannot survive without AC in the house. My father suffers from lung and heart problems.

He’s not allow to have breath in humidity.

Now I received a bill from Sears with the same price for a furnace that they downgraded to a cheaper and weaker brand, from a four-ton to a three-ton. No responds from corporate or the officer for the past month and a bill due the 25th of July for a furnace I can’t even use.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Sydnce,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are truly sorry to hear of how your Home Improvement project was handled thus far. With the summer months upon us, and your parents having to deal with the extreme heat, it is clear that this matter with your central air conditioning unit needs to be corrected as quickly as possible. We’d like the chance to discuss this matter in more detail with you, and see what options we have to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Sydnce), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Brian S.