Verified Reviewer

I ordered a freezer on Nov 17, which was scheduled to be delivered on December 10. They have delayed delivery 3 times so far and I am now scheduled for Jan 27th!

I called to complain and they offered me a 5 percent discount on the merchandise total of $649.99. I told them I would not accept that, as it was insulting. They then came back and offered me 10 percent which I did accept. In the middle of processing the credit, there are kids screaming in the background and she could not hear me and disconnected me.

Then I receive an email from Sears stating I had been given a refund of $60. And a second email from PayPal that I was sent a refund by Sears for $58.36. Neither of these amounts are correct! Ten percent of 649.99 = $64.99.

When I called back to question the representative confirmed that the merchandise total was $649.99, then as I questioned the refund amount tried to say it was actually $599.99. None of this math works. So in addition to paying Sears over $700 for this freezer, waiting almost 3 months so far for delivery (still not received) now Sears is going to lie to me and not give me the 10% discount I was promised?

That is unfortunate and bad faith business. I guarantee this is the last purchase I will EVER make from Sears.

User's recommendation: Don’t trust Sears EVER.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kenmore Freezer.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Sears Pros: Sears steals money from their customers, Long holds referred other numbrrs.

Sears Cons: You will wait over a month for your order, Promised a delivery date which was missed with no new eta.

Comments