4.0
Layout of Store

We have been a customer of Sears for over 45 years. Every appliance in my house is from Sears and most of our tools came from Sears.

I have had issues over the years but have always been able to reach out to someone and find resolution. So now I am reaching out for help.

We have purchases service agreements on our appliances for many years now and have been satisfied with the service. Recently we had our Jenn Air cooktop go out on us and since this is how we cook our meals for our family we called for service. We were able to get someone out in a short period of time but when he arrived we were told it would be 2 weeks before he could be back and he would order the necessary parts be sent to our home.

Two weeks later he arrived but said he could not get all the parts we needed so he was putting in for a replacement. We loved our cooktop and we were not looking forward to having to find a replacement. Sure enough we found out Sears no longer works with Jenn Air to get the same type of unit we had (ours is one that has a replacement cartridge on one side, downdraft in the middle and a grill/griddle on the other side.) So we have searched every product Sears carries and we can’t find anything the same except for the downdraft. We have talked to Sears many times and I was told today they would provide one that has the downdraft but otherwise we had to take what they had.

I feel that if they can’t replace it with what I had then they should give me the money to get one somewhere else. I would even be willing to meet them halfway. We went online and found a unit like we want at a Sears Outlet that was over a hundred miles from our house. There is one problem to finding that unit since it is sold without the cartridges and since Sears no longer works with Jenn Air we can’t get the cartridges to make this unit work.

But they will not buy us the cartridges to make this Jenn Air work for us. So they are not going to replace our unit they are making me settle for something that does not work for us at all.

I have paid them my money in good faith that they will do what they say they will do but it seems that is asking too much. Is there anything that can be done to actually replace my much loved Jenn Air with grill/griddle?

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. riggsladaria stated that there is a room for improvement of way customer service for repairs handles things and rude staff. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "they will not replace my jenn air cooktop but want me to accept a substitution." of sears customer care. Sears needs to "i want to get a replacement even if they have to go to jenn air to get it or at least let me get the unit i found in allen, tx and then go to jenn air for the cartridges" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sears customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Comments