Featured With Company response Not resolved

I purchased a cooktop from Sears and also requested delivery and install. I live in Massachusetts and I received a call from the installer in Jacksonville Florida.

When I explained that I did not live in Florida, they told me that this thing happens all the time with Sears. I contacted Sears the next day and spent 2 hours on the phone trying to correct the delivery address. Then I was told that someone would contact me in 3-5 days about when they could deliver the cooktop. I had to call Sears delivery directly and speak with someone in delivery to set up a date.

This is something that the customer service should have been able to do, instead of having the customer call. After all was said and done I was put in touch with the installer, who stated that they would pick up the cooktop and install it on March 4. On March 1 Sears delivery called out house to deliver the cooktop, of course we were not home at the time. When we called the driver, he sad he was too far away to come back.

When I told the driver that the installer was picking up the cooktop so we were not expecting a delivery, he said this happens all the time. When I called Sears to have them contact the delivery driver and come back, they wanted me to talk to the delivery company. Understand that the installer still believes that they are picking up the cooktop and they are not open on the weekend. I explained to the Sears delivery people that I was not confident that the cooktop would be in the warehouse on Tuesday for the installer.

My wife then got on the phone with Sears and after repeatedly asking for a supervisor was contacted by a Sears supervisor. My wife stated that the supervisor was getting irritated with my wife. My wife had to explain that we are selling our house and we need a working cooktop for the sale to go through. This seemed to get through to the supervisor.

As of 4:30 PM on March 1, Sears has stated that the cooktop will be in the warehouse for the installer to pick up.

I am taking a day off from work for this. I am not confident that this will be worked out on Tuesday.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear pshin,

Thank you for sharing this experience with our consumer bored. We want to make sure that all of our members are satisfied with their delivery experience and I can see we have let you down.

Mt name is Isaac and I am with the Sears Social Media Support team and wanted to offer our assistance with your delivery issue. We would like to put you in direct contact with a member of our case management team that will assist you on straightening this matter out.

Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Pshin), and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Isaac D.