With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Aug 23, 2013

Called me. Offered a 'courtesy' of $100 !!!!!!

I refused it because:

1- I am not looking for any courtesy... i am looking for a my right to have my money back!

2- I paid around $580 to replace the oil pan and change the oil. Not a freaking $100

I am taking this to the biggest newspaper in San Diego. Even though im probably not getting my money back anymore, i want to warn people so they dont to get ripped off by those crooks.

Update by user Aug 20, 2013

They kept stalling by emails for a month. Then all the emails stopped and they are totally ignoring me now!

They'd said they're gonna 'investigate', delegate to local Sears in San Diego, and similar empty promises emails.

I was told to wait 48-72 business (HOURS)... which is almost two *** weeks... besides, i've never heard of this timeline anyway! business hours!!!!!

....

this is just one more reason i think they are stalling me and thinking i will eventually give up and go away.... little do they know :\

Update by user Jul 18, 2013

Today, i found out from my mechanic that the solution is to replace the oil pan, and that would cost $530+tax!!!! and i know that he charges really cheap labor compared to other mechanics.

If Sears does not cover this, i am definitely going to start a complaint with BBB.org

Original review posted by user Jul 17, 2013

I have been going t this place for my periodic oil change for my 04 ford mustang. I thought a decent dealership would be a quality worth the money i pay them.

Last year when i got my car, before i left the parking lot the heat jumped up and i returned immediately to them. They said they didnt have anything to do with it and brushed me off. I took my car to a mechanic and fixed it out of my pocket for over $300. The big mistake i made was to return back for my next oil change thinking that what happened was just a coincident.

Today, after they called me to pick up my car after the oil change, they told me that i need to change the oil pan! because when they unscrewed the pan to drain the oil, the screw was too tight from the last time it was opened and it broke the pan!!!! LAST TIME THEY WERE THE ONES THAT CHANGED THE OIL. NO ONE ELSE!

They told me to fixes it ASAP. i took the car home, an hour later i wanted to leave home and the screw was on the ground with whatever oil was in the engine. This is a major ripoff and i am definitely gonna go back to talk to their manager. One thing i know is, I am never going back to this shithole rippoff place

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Ilmilani,

We are terribly sorry for the troubles you have experienced at one of our Auto Centers. My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Escalations team. We can truly understand your disappointment with your periodic oil change. We would like the opportunity to speak to you and see discuss your experience. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (ilmilani), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for any inconvenience we have caused you and we look forward to speaking to you soon.

Liz R.