Update added by user Jun 14, 2015
I have posted a review on Sears Facebook page.They replied right away to find out what happened.
I explained the situation and asked to help me resolve it. here is what they relied: "Although cosmetic rust is not covered under warranty, it is possible to clean the surface and protect it further. We often share this link with our members who own stainless steel GE appliances, as it does a wonderful job at explaining the surface and how to best care for it: http://www.geappliances.com/search/google/infobase/10031071.htm
If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know!"
So if you are buying Sears appliances get ready to scrub your stainless steel appliances after a months of use. Also do not understand why are they offering instructions from GE appliances.
Very disappointing! However, lesson learned.
Quite expensive lesson, if you ask me.So whoever is going to buy Sears appliances get ready to entertain yourself with cleaning your appliances since Sears uses cheap materials that rust after a month of use.
Original review posted by user May 15, 2015
This refrigerator is quite cheap, but don't this let the price fool you. The quality of the stainless steel is the worst. After 3 months since we purchased it, front doors began to rust. Please check pictures. This was the first time we purchased Kenmore and the last time. The warranty that they provide comers nothing, and I mean NOTHING. I do not think that stainless steel should rust after 3 months of use. I may be wrong. But when you pay almost a $1000, you expect this item to last at least a year. This fridge was never wet, there was nothing that can cause the rust. It is just the material they used.
In case if you do decide to buy it, do not even dream of getting any customer support or help in getting a replacement. The manufacturer's warranty does not cover rust. We tried to clean as best as we could, but nothing really helped.
Again, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. It is not worth it. Do your research, by some other brand, BUT NOT KENMORE. They should be ashamed of the product they sell to people.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kenmore Side By Side Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "On January 12, 2013, I ordered a futon from Olejo.com, through Sears.com's web site - a New Energy Fuji Futon Queen Frame, SKU#NEW8414. After having it for approximately 60 days,..."
- "February 24, we received delivery of our Kenmore Elite Refrigerator from Searsâ€™s delivery. When plugged it made a loud, continuous noise. A replacement refrigerator is scheduled for delivery..."
- "On August 1st I was washing some sheets. The machine became unbalanced and instead of turning itself off, exploded, took out part of the wall, took out the dryer next..."
- "My nephew who goes to rise learning center is entered in the Chicago bears kids club. First the coupon he got came on the day it expired and second the..."
- "So, I 'blindly" had accepted their offer for a job prior to doing the research on them, which I NOW KNOW was a mistake!!I'd went in for my 1st interview,..."
- "The attached video is from a ABC affiliate investigative report on the Sundance office in Indianapolis, Indiana. (They call themselves Smartravel, but it's the same company as Sundance, with the..."
- "Good Afternoon Ms Rodriguez, I an sending this email to request a refund on the improper fitting dentures that Merit Coast made. As we previously discussed when I first went to the..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "I HAVE USED FROM YOU FLOWERS 3 TIMES. THE 1ST TIME I SENT 3 PLANTS TO TN. I SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON BEING SATISFIED SINCE 1 OF THE..."