East Saint Paul, Manitoba

On July 18 I purchased a Kenmore dishwasher (model 630.12243317; S/N 105040090661000211). The dishwasher was picked up July 31 and installed August 01. After install the dishwasher was found inoperational so I placed a service call. Over the phone we did some troubleshooting hoping to resolve the issue. In the end it was determined that a visit by a local service provider was required. The service provider arrived August 10; the service technician determined that a technical bulletin had been issued for our new dishwasher requiring a part to be replaced in order for it to be operational.

This begs the question: why did Sears allow a dishwasher be delivered to a customer when the manufacture had a known fault, in this case documented as a technical bulletin?

The past was ordered and was finally received around August 21 and a service technician arrived August 24. The part was installed but it was determined that the dishwasher still did not work correctly because now a new door for the unit was required. The service technician was supposed to call today with a delivery date for a new door. He never called. We are now required to wait an undetermined amount of time to wait for a new door and then wait for a service appointment to be available.

We continue, as we have since August 01, to wash dishes by hand.

I phoned the store manager Neil and explained our situation and he offered to call me back with a proposal to rectify this situation. I asked that either:

1. Our dishwasher be replaced with a similar or better Kenmore/Bosch dishwasher that is in Winnipeg and that can be delivered to replace our non-functioning dishwasher.

2. We return the dishwasher for a full refund.

He never called.

Finally I heard from Sears and They offered an exchange and $75 store credit. That's terrible. I regret buying from Sears and will not do so again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kenmore Dishwasher.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: 5 years Sears protection agreement.

I didn't like: Sears, Customer suppoet, Customer support.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 30, 2015.

Comments