Millis, Massachusetts

Our dishwasher is less than 1 year old - Kenmore Elite diswasher. We are irate at the response. No dishwasher with a family of 6 (all 10 yrs and under), and the holidays. It is disappointing to have the issue with a top of the line dishwasher. It is worse yet given the service. Apparently, the control panel (part # W10083050) is a known issue with this model - BEWARE!

On November 10th, we called Sears and scheduled the next available date fo 11/15. We learned it is a faulty control panel on our dishwasher. We were told it would be a week, but in time before Thanksgiving and our 20 guests. Today, we learn the part is back ordered from Whirlpool to 12/15. Sears is doing nothing to help us in the interim... They offered 10% off a new washer - adding insult to injury. 5 weeks to repair... and we purchased the additional service warranty.

due to a lack of Dishwasher Control Panel - W10083050 - our Kenmore is dead. I used to think Sears was a reliable company -- no more

Our nine month old Kenmore Elite dishwasher broke on Nov 30, 2010, due to a faulty circuit board.We have had the part ordered/re-ordered on 4 separate occasions as Sears cannot stock replacement parts for their own line of appliances.

We have spent countless hours demanding that they either fix it in a reasonable amount of time (they couldn't) or refund our money (Sears refused). They did offer to exchange the defective appliance with a new one with FEWER features. We refused. Our case finally went to the 'Blue Ribbon' case manager who practically gave us a 'take it or leave it' offer of exchange for cheaper model.

Again we refused. After posting numerous negative comments about Sears, their appliances, and their customer service on their website, we got a call from our case manager who stated that he would 'graciously' give us a replacement model with EQUAL features. It arrived 2 days ago. Guess what showed up on our doorstep today?

The replacement parts that we have been waiting for over 7 weeks.Don't let them tell you otherwise...this is a problem with this line of dishwashers.

Ahmen.I hear you.

I have had this part on backorder since October, 2010. The new reported availability date from Sears parts is now 1/18/2011.

I have no confidence that this date will hold.

Please take this into account before purchasing any Kenmore or Whirlpool appliance in the future.They are Not manufactoring replacement parts.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #217525

To Dianne, There is this worker in one of your stores by the name Elvo. I think this young gentleman deserves a raise because I am very pleased with his work. Can you see that he gets a raise?

To FightfortheRight,

My name is Dianne and I'm part of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I found your post here and I'm truly concerned by what I have read here. Sears has always stood for the highest levels of quality and service; I know we have deeply disappointed with the delay of the part needed for your dishwasher. We certainly don’t want our customers frustrated. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (FightfortheRight) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dianne D.

Social Media Support Team

to Sears Social Media Escalations Murray, Kentucky, United States #705628

I will never again buy any appliance from Sears.The service is awful and takes forever and the products no longer live up to anything that is advertised.

I have been nothing but disappointed in our dishwasher, which has been repaired every year since we bought it and now the dishwasher panel not longer works. Our refridgerator has also been repaired twice. I should not have to buy new appliances every few years. Someone else will get our business.

Oh woe is you Sears.:(

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #214682

The time to repair 5 weeks falls under to long to repair under you Sears repair policy,demand a new one. If they dont replace it file a attorney general complaint in your state.