I brought a Kenmore elite double ven in AUgust of this year and it continuously burns my food in the bake mode. I have set the temp at 350 and 325 and placed the items on the second shelf and everything from cakes, biscuits, and roasts burn on top and are not cooked in the middle. A couple of weeks ago my food actually caught on fire and the oven after 10 mins at 350. the cake on top caught fire and the oven stayed on I put the fire out and the repair man came today. He said that the relays in the oven are working, We are not satisfied with this it is dangerous and we are not sure what to do I have followed the instructions from the manual to the tee, and still I cannot bake in this ovn it burns every item on top and and actually causes a fire. Please help

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Sears. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments

bobs2015
Saginaw, Michigan, United States #1065971

Buy an oven thermometer at most any store and then turn the oven on, set the temp for 350, wait till it beeps that it is at 350 and see what the oven thermometer reads as the temp.A variance of 10 or so degrees is normal as these oven thermometers are not precise.

If the oven, as you suspect is way over 350, you have identified the problem. Have the repairman proceed from there. I am surprised, tho that the guy didn't check this out while he was there. It should still be under warranty, so demand Sears fix it or give you a new one.

Good luck. And, of course you know Sears is no longer the Sears, Roebuck & Co. we all grew up with, don't you?

Best to not buy appliances from them anymore.Good luck.