Sears - Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer, Model 592-89474 THERMOSTAT FAILURE
I bought a Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer Model 592-89474.It was delivered in September 2015 and installed after our renovation was completed in November, 2015.
In October 2016, this dryer was not producing heat on any cycle. All it did was blow cold air. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. I finally bought what was allegedly a high end washer and dryer and less than 1 year after install, the thermostat failed and the dryer had to be repaired.
This dryer is overy lightly used - only for towels, sheets and my daughter's clothes. Picture below shows how clean the interior of the dryer is - I took this when it was apart for repair - there is no build-up of lint at all. The machine looks like brand new. I hang all of my clothing and don't put any of it in the dryer.
My husband is still using the old Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer (bought 7 years ago) that we installed in the master bedroom closet. The Whirlpool appliances incidentally still work excellently and have never required repair. When I called Sears and told them what happened with the Kenmore dryer and explained that the dryer had not been installed until November, which meant that the failure had occurred within 1 year of use warranty, they said installation date did not matter, it was delivered to us in September and therefore they would not honour the warranty and they were not responsible to cover the cost to repair the dryer. Not only am I disappointed with Sears and the position they took, but what "high end quality product" fails in less than 12 months of light use?
Which leads to my conclusion that these Kenmore appliances are of poor quality and are clearly not good value for the money.Even Sears wouldn't stand behind their failed Sears Kenmore brand product.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Inferior quality kenmore elite appliances
- Sears failure to apply warranty from date of install
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Sears pays the cost of replacing the thermostat and provides further 1 year warranty on appliances
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kenmore Electric Dryer Model 592 89474
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Ordered in a Sears Freezer. Had to pay an independent to deliver because our Sears doesn't bother. Used person they recommended. When it got here and before it was totally..."
- "I have been frustrated with sears repair process for a long time. My husband and I purchased a used front load washer from the sears outlet in Kentucky. ..."
- "We bought a new washer and dryer from Sears in July 2011. These were installed in our house on 13JUL2011. The installers did a horrible job. 1. They dented our wallboard. Offered to..."
- "My ZeroWater gasket, in the spigot of the 23 cup unit, has seemed to catch itself up within the unit. Now, my water trickles out instead of coming out with..."
- " Frank's Auto Credit is a Family Owned and Operated, Independent Buy-Here Pay-Here Dealer that was established in 1995 by Frank M. Lynch. For nearly 20 Years Frank's Auto Credit..."
- "We were totaly shock when my daughter 7yrs old said dad it is no good. i said yes it is i just made it. she said look at this. it..."
- "I purchased a .8 oval cut diamond solitaire ring from Primestyle Jewelers and twenty two days ago I informed them that due to their poor workmanship the stone fell out..."
- "Hey this is my Bosch fridge of just over 5 years old. DO you notice anything different about it compared to others. That's right....it has no handles. We've owned..."
- "This company hides the fact that they will auto-enroll you in their 'Sparkling White Club' in their 'terms of service' page. They don't make this clear when you sign up..."