Sears - Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer, Model 592-89474 THERMOSTAT FAILURE

30 of 3985 Sears reviews

I bought a Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer Model 592-89474.It was delivered in September 2015 and installed after our renovation was completed in November, 2015.

In October 2016, this dryer was not producing heat on any cycle. All it did was blow cold air. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. I finally bought what was allegedly a high end washer and dryer and less than 1 year after install, the thermostat failed and the dryer had to be repaired.

This dryer is overy lightly used - only for towels, sheets and my daughter's clothes. Picture below shows how clean the interior of the dryer is - I took this when it was apart for repair - there is no build-up of lint at all. The machine looks like brand new. I hang all of my clothing and don't put any of it in the dryer.

My husband is still using the old Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer (bought 7 years ago) that we installed in the master bedroom closet. The Whirlpool appliances incidentally still work excellently and have never required repair. When I called Sears and told them what happened with the Kenmore dryer and explained that the dryer had not been installed until November, which meant that the failure had occurred within 1 year of use warranty, they said installation date did not matter, it was delivered to us in September and therefore they would not honour the warranty and they were not responsible to cover the cost to repair the dryer. Not only am I disappointed with Sears and the position they took, but what "high end quality product" fails in less than 12 months of light use?

None.

Which leads to my conclusion that these Kenmore appliances are of poor quality and are clearly not good value for the money.Even Sears wouldn't stand behind their failed Sears Kenmore brand product.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Inferior quality kenmore elite appliances
    • Sears failure to apply warranty from date of install

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Sears pays the cost of replacing the thermostat and provides further 1 year warranty on appliances
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Kenmore Electric Dryer Model 592 89474
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #956503 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sears? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
30 of 3985 Sears reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sears. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Sears.
Filing a new complaint about
×