Sears - Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer, Model 592-89474 THERMOSTAT FAILURE
I bought a Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer Model 592-89474.It was delivered in September 2015 and installed after our renovation was completed in November, 2015.
In October 2016, this dryer was not producing heat on any cycle. All it did was blow cold air. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. I finally bought what was allegedly a high end washer and dryer and less than 1 year after install, the thermostat failed and the dryer had to be repaired.
This dryer is overy lightly used - only for towels, sheets and my daughter's clothes. Picture below shows how clean the interior of the dryer is - I took this when it was apart for repair - there is no build-up of lint at all. The machine looks like brand new. I hang all of my clothing and don't put any of it in the dryer.
My husband is still using the old Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer (bought 7 years ago) that we installed in the master bedroom closet. The Whirlpool appliances incidentally still work excellently and have never required repair. When I called Sears and told them what happened with the Kenmore dryer and explained that the dryer had not been installed until November, which meant that the failure had occurred within 1 year of use warranty, they said installation date did not matter, it was delivered to us in September and therefore they would not honour the warranty and they were not responsible to cover the cost to repair the dryer. Not only am I disappointed with Sears and the position they took, but what "high end quality product" fails in less than 12 months of light use?
Which leads to my conclusion that these Kenmore appliances are of poor quality and are clearly not good value for the money.Even Sears wouldn't stand behind their failed Sears Kenmore brand product.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Inferior quality kenmore elite appliances
- Sears failure to apply warranty from date of install
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Sears pays the cost of replacing the thermostat and provides further 1 year warranty on appliances
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kenmore Electric Dryer Model 592 89474
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a new Dunkirk boiler from Sears in October of 2010 and paid $4611. I bought an electronic pilot boiler but they sent and installed a standing ignition boiler...."
- "I earned 73,293 miles/points using my Sears Citi card this year which pays one pt/mile for every dollar spent. Last month I spent over $13,000 on my card, and paid..."
- "I have been a loyal Sears customer for many many years. I have always believed that Sears products stood for quality in a day when so many things are..."
- "Ordered pizza tonight from Pizza Hut in Skyview, by far the worst service we've received. We called in yesterday to order a vegetable pizza they ended up sending us cheese..."
- "Okay, on June 6th, I booked my flight tickets with Cheapoair, supposedly I would leave from Calgary, CA to New York City on the 12th, then leave from New York..."
- "We purchased some property in Windsor Ontario and were also referred to Ontario Property Management. We paid for renovations, in particular a new roof and shingles. The work was not..."
- "I've been a loyal Jawbone customer for...ever, it seems. My UP3 tracker started cracking and is now broken. They're phone support is down. Its been at least 3+days. I could..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."
- "I ordered a Nikon D610 Camera Body w/ accessories bundle this week. I received the item and it came in a box with absolutely ZERO bubble wrap and all of..."