My 4 year old Kenmore elite side-by-side refrigerator would not get cold. Sears would not honor 5 year warranty.

Made me remove refrigerator doors and moved to middle of the living room.

Repair man insisted I take off the refrigerator doors and I move the refrigerator to the middle of the living room (Im a lady in my 70s, weigh 105lb) and insisted I sign a waiver saying that I had water damage or they would leave. I have owned unit for 30 years there was never any water damage.

Repair man left without putting on doors. I had to call another repair man to put doors back on. 2nd repairman said my refrigerator had been worked on before and someone had put Freon on it.

The only time the refrigerator was worked on was when the icemaker went out. I paid for a new refrigerator however it is apparent Sears sold me a used defective refrigerator.

Refrigerator came with a five year warranty but Sears did not honor the warranty and said I would have to pay all the parts and labor.

Repairman was more interested in selling me Sears appliance warranty for $50 a month then repairing refrigerator.

Ligia Davila

177 Kulalani Drive

Kula HI 96790

User's recommendation: Do not do any business with Sears.

Sears Cons: Lack of solution, Customer service and attitude, Product defective.

Location: 325 Hukilike Street, Kahului, HI 96732