With Company response Not resolved

My dad is an elderly man that takes care of my ill mom (she has Alzheimer's) and I have to say that Sears and their washer has *** near stressed him to the point of having a heart attack.

My dad is from a time when Sears was a name you could trust. When he needed to buy a washer and dryer he went to Sears because given his situation he could not really afford to make a mistake with all the issues he was dealing with.

He purchased a Kenmore Elite Oasis HE Washer (model 110.2806) thinking that this would reduce some of the issues regarding the laundry. My dad has to do quite a bit given my mom's condition. This very expensive machine has done nothing but cause my dad stress.

The machine has repeatly broken down while under warranty and now that it is no longer under warranty it has cost my dad several hundred dollars to fix. The Sears repairman told my dad the issue is a design flaw and that they have had nothing but problem with this model. If any change is in the pockets of the clothes it will get in the machine through a gap on the bottom and damage the pump requiring another service call. The machine also recycles water and does not get the clothes clean thus requiring additional cycles.

Bottom line is my dad was reluctant to share this with me due to the fact that he was embarrassed and felt that he was duped. Once I became aware of the situation I asked if he called the service line. He said he had tried several times but could not stay on the phone for the constant extended periods due to having to watch my mom. In addition, he had repeatly been disconnected while being transferred to a manager. After getting disconnected he tries again whole process would starts again. When he did get hold of someone, he would ask their name and they would give just their 1st name and a number. Usually they just said that since it was out of warranty it was his problem. I can understand why their warranties were so short now. I have to wonder if they are in the business selling good products or service calls since they have made more on the service calls than the cost of the washer.

Anybody have a suggestion?

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Leroy1484:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Social Media Support Team, and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Leroy1484) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.