With Company response

The little halogen light bulb inside my Sears Kenmore Elite oven went out.The owners manual pretty much says to put gloves on, pull the glass cover off, pull out the old light bulb and put a new one in.

However, it's an odd lamp. The manual does not say what type and the markings burned off the old one. I called Sears Parts, and for $80 they will sell me a complete new assembly with the socket, the glass, the housing, the wiring and everything. I don't need any of that, just the light bulb in the middle.

They said they would do some "research" and get back to me. They did - "sorry, we don't sell the lamp.." Ok, then just tell me what kind it is so I can find one somewhere. "Oh, we have no idea." "Can you find out?" "No, sorry, not really.."

So, my oven no longer lights up when we open the door.

Every time someone comes over for dinner I point this out, in the hope that anyone making a purchase decision will NOT select Sears.If they make getting a TWO DOLLAR LIGHT BULB this impossible, they don't deserve my business.

Comments

Just had the same response.This a rip off by fridgeadare company. It would cost 93$ plus I would need to get a person to install and that would be another 80 $. Sears is a very bad company to deal with!!

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous435217,

My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Cares escalations team. We do our best to make every service interaction both positive and memorable for our customers, and we do apologize for falling short of that mark in this instance. We are terribly sorry for the troubles you have been experienced with your oven and the level of customer service you have received. From your post we can see that we certainly have let you down and would like to offer some assistance. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to address your concerns. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that you have been assigned to reference your post (Anonymous435217), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.