With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Jul 22, 2013

Sears apparently monitors this site because after posting to this site I was contacted by Sears Executive Office. They expedited the repair of the unit.

They also offered monetary redress for the problems I was having.

On the one hand, that is a great result. On the other hand, it is unfortunate that it took posting a negative online review to get what I was already entitled to.

Original review posted by user Jun 21, 2013

I bought a Kenmore Elite 27 c/f refrigerator in 11/12. Recently it started running all the time.

Then it just quit. Period. Nada. Zip.

Zilch. Called Sears warranty service and they say to will be 14 days before they can get someone out to fix it. Yup, two weeks without a refrigerator. Really?

Yup. So Sorry but nothing we can do. How about sending me a new refrigerator? Nope, you are outside the 30 day return period.

What if I call my own repair guy. Sure but it is on your dime, not ours. No reimbursement? Nope.

Never again, Sears. You suck.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear santaferetiree,

We’re sorry for the troubles you’ve encountered with your refrigerator and how the call was handled when you reached out for assistance. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We would be happy to speak with you and have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue and to make sure you're taken care of in a timely manner. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (santaferetiree) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize and we hope to speak with you soon.

Edwin C.