With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Jan 30, 2013

Just got a call from sears after they told us that the 400.00 protection plan would replace it with another up to the cost of 3000.00 which is what it is usually.They will not replace it with the same type refrigerator.

I'm going to the BBB now and the attorney General with this.

I'm sick of sears.I will also be contacting the Executive office at sears.

Update by user Jan 30, 2013

We I did as the post from sears says to do and they gave me a case number and I have not heard another thing.I should have just taken it back on saturday as I had planned.

Instead we went to the store and they told us to get the sears protection plan and they would replace it if we had that. So we spent almost $400.00 more and they guy comes out today and tells us that the stainless finish is not covered on it.

We plan to take it back to the store this weekend. This is the last time I will ever buy anything from any Sears store or online.

I'm considering taking the Grill I purchase the day after the fridge back also.I'm sick of sears and there lies

Original review posted by user Jan 25, 2013

We purchased a Kenmore Elite Stainless Refridgerator from Sears on Jan 13, 2013. It was a floor model but still should be a new refridgerator. We et it home and remove the old one and put this one in it's place and get everything hooked up and part of the Led's are burnt out.

We call and they come out and order and part and replace it yesterday 1/24/2013. We start noticing the stainless is fading so we call and ask them to fix this. It should not fade. They inform us they can't do anything about it. About 3 hours later the Refridgerator comes up with Er 15 on the display. We look in the book and there is nothing about this error 15

We call in again and there computers are down on 1/24/2013

We call back today and tell them the problem and they will send someone out again on Wed Jan 30 2013 to look at it.

I should not be having all these problems with a new refridgerator and the stainless should not be fading and spotting. I plan to carry it back to the store on Sat Jan 26 2013. I will go buy one from a place that would have already replaced it. I will never buy another apliance of any type from sears and will tell everyone I know about this problem.

Sears Response

Dear don mullenex:

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle situations from start to finish with one dedicated case manager. I found your post here and wanted to reach out and offer our sincere apologies for the difficulties you are having with your new refrigerator. We know that it is very frustrating to bring your new refrigerator home and have to call our support group two times to help resolve an error message as well as speak with them about the stainless on your refrigerator fading. This is certainly not the type of service that you deserve or the type of service that Sears has long been known for. We understand your frustration and would like to offer the assistance of a dedicated case manager to help resolve your refrigerator issue. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you is being done.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (don mullenex) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

I also purchased a refrig from Sears - Sears canceled order - never delivered - never informed me (after I waited for deliver) - AND charged my credit card.Now after several deadend attempts with "Customer Service" - I am going to dispute charge with my credit card company.

So disappointed in Sears....

it should not be this hard.I will not do business with them again either.

to discouraged Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States #601945
Sears Response

I saw your post here and wanted to offer some assistance. We do apologize for the troubles you have encountered with the delivery of your refrigerator. My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Social Media Support team. I can see how frustrating it is purchase a refrigerator and that the delivery was cancelled without notice. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss options and see what can be done to make things right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (discouraged) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.