With Company response

Less than 2 years ago I purchased a Kenmore Elite Steam HE washer for ~$1400. I'm a single guy so the washer is far from overworked.

Washer start making noise when the drum spins. I set up an appointment with Sears service and verify the address with them twice. I take a half-day off work and long story short they send the repair person to the wrong address. I have to reschedule for two days later and *** another half-day. No apology from Sears.

Repair man comes and its going to cost $325 to fix the washer. (BTW repairman is great. NOT a Sears employee.) That isn't acceptable to me. I call Sears and after going through 30 mins of phone system h3ll finally talk to a live person.

My question: "Do you think I should have to pay a $350 repair bill for a $1400+ washing machine that has only seen light usage for 18 months?"

Their answer: "I can send you a $25 gift card."

Sears, your products are horrible and your customer service is even worse.

Comments

Why do you think you're entitled to more than the standard one year manufacturers warranty? Get a clue.

If you want more coverage, buy the maintenance agreement. You have no right to complain.

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Anonymous,

I completely understand your frustration with your washer failing after only 18 months. Please understand that Sears is a retailer and not an appliance manufacturer. We offer service agreements which would cover any needed repairs or maintenance after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired. Regardless, we do value you as a Sears customer and we'd appreciate the opportunity to speak to you further about this issue. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the repair was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code (PC288617) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.