Last May I purchases several Kitchen appliances from my local sears for a kitchen remodel in early May of 2015. They were all
Kenmore products. This Sunday night my wife took a bag of microwaveable popcorn and started the device. She started to walk into
the other room and looked back at the microwave to see it was on fire. Luckily we were able to quickly extinguish the fire. Attached are photos of the damage
along with the ID plate on the microwave. The next morning we called customer service and we were told the unit was out of warranty by
22 days and there was nothing they could recommend other that scheduling a service call at $245. (The microwave was only $218).
I called Sears corporate in Chicago and requested a case #4242112. The said the best they could do was offer a 10% discount on a new microwave.
I then sent a follow up email see below with their response. I went to uTube and typed in Sears Microwave fire and saw two identical microwaves
to mine that had the same problem. See the website below. This is a dangerous situation and product.
We are sorry to hear about your microwave fiber and appreciate you reaching out to us. We had our member services team look into your case and unfortunately, there is nothing else they can do.
Community Moderation Team
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Layout of Store|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Ease of Use|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Product is a hazard
You May Also Like
- "Dear Sears customer service, I am writing to let you know that we are long standing customers of Sears, and have spent a lot of money with Sears, On Feb 20th..."
- "I bought a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher from Sears in 2011. The model is 665.13742K603. After two years the buttons have quit working. I read on multiple sites..."
- "Six months ago, we purchased a Kenmore Elite dishwasher. It was the best based on Consumer Reports (I had horrible experience with Samsung, so we were relying on Consumer Reports)...."
- "Did not receive a T-shirt ordered on Sept 5th. It was a Breast Cancer Awareness T-shirt. The awareness month is half over. Would like a refund. ..."
- "The wig I received looks nothing like the picture. Its either a mistake or its deceptive, and after dealing with the laughable "customer service" at this company, I'm pretty sure..."
- "A200 billion dollar a year tax fraud and violations of federal TAX laws,import fraud,counterfeit auto parts.TENS OF THOUSANDS of sellers with MILLIONS of garbage products.This YALLSTORE is one of over..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."
- "I purchased a North Trail 21FBS in May of 2015 from Camping World of Kissimmee, FL. Right off the batthe 120v. heater didnt work on AC, Shower head was clogged..."