Last May I purchases several Kitchen appliances from my local sears for a kitchen remodel in early May of 2015. They were all
Kenmore products. This Sunday night my wife took a bag of microwaveable popcorn and started the device. She started to walk into
the other room and looked back at the microwave to see it was on fire. Luckily we were able to quickly extinguish the fire. Attached are photos of the damage
along with the ID plate on the microwave. The next morning we called customer service and we were told the unit was out of warranty by
22 days and there was nothing they could recommend other that scheduling a service call at $245. (The microwave was only $218).
I called Sears corporate in Chicago and requested a case #4242112. The said the best they could do was offer a 10% discount on a new microwave.
I then sent a follow up email see below with their response. I went to uTube and typed in Sears Microwave fire and saw two identical microwaves
to mine that had the same problem. See the website below. This is a dangerous situation and product.
We are sorry to hear about your microwave fiber and appreciate you reaching out to us. We had our member services team look into your case and unfortunately, there is nothing else they can do.
Community Moderation Team
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Layout of Store|
|Ease of Use|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Product is a hazard
You May Also Like
- "I have been a loyal Sears customer for many many years. I have always believed that Sears products stood for quality in a day when so many things are..."
- "On January 12, 2013, I ordered a futon from Olejo.com, through Sears.com's web site - a New Energy Fuji Futon Queen Frame, SKU#NEW8414. After having it for approximately 60 days,..."
- "Below is a letter and response from Sears / Kenmore in regards to one of their products. Kenmore Refrigerator Elite.Bottom line, never buy Kenmore - they are poorly made products.To..."
- "I bought this luggage & I just used it for the first time. The handle on the tote split already, there goes the set!..."
- "I had used the cyber power cp900 avr uninterruptible power supply to protect my equipment for several years until the unit stopped working displaying a fault warning. I..."
- "Did not receive a T-shirt ordered on Sept 5th. It was a Breast Cancer Awareness T-shirt. The awareness month is half over. Would like a refund. ..."
- "I brought a LG Stylo 2 phone at the end of Aug 2016, within the 1st month my SIM card went out for no reason, the company sent me..."
- "Soy consumidor de tecnología , y los productos son como en la descripción de la página web se indica. Llegan los productos en un paquete bien protegidos, y los..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."