Last May I purchases several Kitchen appliances from my local sears for a kitchen remodel in early May of 2015. They were all
Kenmore products. This Sunday night my wife took a bag of microwaveable popcorn and started the device. She started to walk into
the other room and looked back at the microwave to see it was on fire. Luckily we were able to quickly extinguish the fire. Attached are photos of the damage
along with the ID plate on the microwave. The next morning we called customer service and we were told the unit was out of warranty by
22 days and there was nothing they could recommend other that scheduling a service call at $245. (The microwave was only $218).
I called Sears corporate in Chicago and requested a case #4242112. The said the best they could do was offer a 10% discount on a new microwave.
I then sent a follow up email see below with their response. I went to uTube and typed in Sears Microwave fire and saw two identical microwaves
to mine that had the same problem. See the website below. This is a dangerous situation and product.
We are sorry to hear about your microwave fiber and appreciate you reaching out to us. We had our member services team look into your case and unfortunately, there is nothing else they can do.
Community Moderation Team
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Layout of Store|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Ease of Use|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Product is a hazard
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I purchased 8 large appliances from Sears in August 2016. We were moving and remodeling a home. We finally had our appliances put in in February 2016...."
- "I purchased a washer and dryer from Sears. I had to wait three weeks before delivery. On the date of delivery I was the first customer. The delivery team was..."
- "Oredered two sofas on 12/08/10 not sent. Add said available and ready for shipping. False advertising.The first guy I chatted with out and out lied and said it was going..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "This app is so close to a scam, but not, I'm surprised the pros haven't completely rioted yet. Yes, it looks all snazzy and cool with its neato UI/UX design..."
- "I'm a great fun of Tommy Hilfiger products, however, this SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN Sweater i bought right before new year come with the cheapest quality, just after wearing it for..."
- "The wig I received looks nothing like the picture. Its either a mistake or its deceptive, and after dealing with the laughable "customer service" at this company, I'm pretty sure..."
- "Did not receive a T-shirt ordered on Sept 5th. It was a Breast Cancer Awareness T-shirt. The awareness month is half over. Would like a refund. ..."
- "I fell for this scam, first in tiny writing they have install pricing, not in their agreement that you check and agree, again at the end if the purchase no..."