Sears - Kenmore Microwave Fire

Last May I purchases several Kitchen appliances from my local sears for a kitchen remodel in early May of 2015. They were all

Kenmore products. This Sunday night my wife took a bag of microwaveable popcorn and started the device. She started to walk into

the other room and looked back at the microwave to see it was on fire. Luckily we were able to quickly extinguish the fire. Attached are photos of the damage

along with the ID plate on the microwave. The next morning we called customer service and we were told the unit was out of warranty by

22 days and there was nothing they could recommend other that scheduling a service call at $245. (The microwave was only $218).

I called Sears corporate in Chicago and requested a case #4242112. The said the best they could do was offer a 10% discount on a new microwave.

I then sent a follow up email see below with their response. I went to uTube and typed in Sears Microwave fire and saw two identical microwaves

to mine that had the same problem. See the website below. This is a dangerous situation and product.

Sears Response:

We are sorry to hear about your microwave fiber and appreciate you reaching out to us. We had our member services team look into your case and unfortunately, there is nothing else they can do.

Community Moderation Team

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Product is a hazard

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Ship new microwave and install
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Kenmore Microwave Oven
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #853650 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sears? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sears. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Sears.
Filing a new complaint about