With Company response Not resolved

Worst experience with a Kenmore Oven/Range ever.It lasted 12 ½ months and then cost us $300 to have a Sears guy fix it.

Remember when Kenmore and Sears meant quality? Not anymore. What a joke. It was less than 30 day after the original guarantee expired.

A $1,000 Kenmore range last one year before it needs a major repair. I will never shop them again and suggest you stay away as well. Too many bad reviews and I wish I read them before I purchased this nightmare called Kenmore.

I can honestly say I have never posted a negative review for any company, but this is beyond unacceptable.

Comments

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #776059

I can't believe yours lasted a year. Mine lasted 3 months and they promised to send someone to fix it in 35 days. I'm pissed.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hi davgar,

Thanks for bringing your Kenmore oven/range repair needs to our attention.We realize that when the unit failed it was an untimely occurrence, not to mention disappointing.

My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I would like to take this time to offer our assistance. We would like to put you in contact with a case manager who will look further into this situation for you to see what options are available.

At your earliest convenience, Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (davgar), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com.Again, thank you for taking time to post about your appliance repair; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #774997

You were offered.an extended protection correct.It is your mistake to not purchase that agreement, if you would have, your Kenmore oven, witch is made by a large brand, would be fixed free of charge.

This is your mistake.Not Sears.

to SoMany***s #775235

You’re absolutely correct, I was offered an extended warrantee; however less than 30 days after the original guarantee it breaks completely down is cutting hairs and as an act of goodwill for a long term customer something could have been offered up.$300 is a big hit for a Kenmore Range.

If it were to have happened after 2 years I would have had no problem with it. I incorrectly assumed that Kenmore was a better built range/oven.

Thanks for your comments SoManyIdiots, I guess we see things differently.