With Company response Not resolved

I have a Kenmore refridgerator that has been repaired twice and still is not working. The latest service tech that came told us that the he has had the same issue with the same refridgerator four times in a week. The problem is an engineering problem and that he isn't sure he knows how to fix it. The repairman suggested I contact Sears and request and extended warranty as our 1 year warranty was about to expire. Even if he tried the fix it may not hold up.

When I contacted Sears I was told the refrigerator was defective and it would be replaced. I was told to call back with a model number and it would be replaced. When I called in the model # I was told that I was misinformed. Sears was not going to replace it, I had to have another service call. After the second "repair" the refrigerator leaked all over my wood floor which is now ruined. I am still waiting for someone from claims to contact me back.

I am stuck with a broken refrigerator for another 13 days until my service call where it still will likely be broken again. I am really disappointed in Sears.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Ohiofour,

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation Team. We saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are terribly sorry for the frustrations you have encountered with your refrigerator repair. We can truly understand how important it is to have a working refrigerator. We would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager that can assist you in resolving this situation to your satisfaction. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, phone # used at time of purchase, and screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (Ohiofour), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any troubles we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Ohiofour
to Sears Response Cleveland, Ohio, United States #758351

Hi Liz,

I just had the fourth service call today and the refrigerator remains broken. The service guys is going to order something else that "may" fix it. Bottom line, after 4 service calls numerous telephone conversations the refrigerator is STILL not working.

I am completely out of my mind upset and confused as to why the thing isn't being replaced.