1.5

Had 1st delivered 9/15/15. Delivery guys came in an took old one out in the yard. They then unloaded new one from truck and unwrapped it. New one had three dents in the refrigerator side door. They said I should accept it and they would bring a new one. We refused. They called their rep who offered us $150, $250, and $350 sears gift cards to accept as is. We refused. She spoke very broken english and was hard to understand. She then says new one will be delivered Sat 9/19/15. I told her I would need to get back to her and she hung up on me. They put frig back on truck and left. We went to leave a little later and there was styrofoam, latex gloves, paper and a large bolt left in our driveway.

We were able to accept delivery 9/19 and Frig was delivered. This time they unloaded first and we inspected exterior which didn't show any problems. One of the delivery crew asked to see where frig would go and we showed him it was replacing our current frig and old frig was to go to basement. It immediately said we are not taking it to basement even though we were told by salesman it would be. I then told him to put the new back on the truck and we would go elsewhere for a frig. They then agreed to move it. After it was hooked up and they left my wife and I took all shelves and drawers out of frig side to clean. We noticed that the deli bin had 4 scratches on the front and there was several yellowed lines on the interior cabinet. I called the store and was told the salesman and manager were both on vacation for a week and to call customer service. Again we have to speak to someone you can't understand and we feel doesn't care. One salesman at the store said we could get a 10% discount on frig but we had to go to store after second one was delivered. We doubt that will happen based on our experience with Sears to this point. He also told us to contact the delivery people and see if they could compensate us for the inconvenience. They told us us we would get a $80 sears gift card within 48 hrs by email. After a week later and probably 6 phone calls we have not received the gift card and were told several different reasons why not.

Called the store again and both salesman and Mgr were still on vacation. Was told a person named Russ would be the one to offer options related to the second damaged frig. Have left a message for him twice with a coworker and he has not returned call after 2 days.

Everyone we have dealt with refers you to someone else. They all want you to believe they care. We will be returning this piece of junk as soon as we get new one from different vendor. By junk I mean the yellowing, scratches, loud humming, and pitiful ice maker.

Moral of story, drive as fast as you can by Sears if you are looking for appliances. On second thought if you need anything. There is a reason why Sears is close to going under and we just experienced it.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Sears. The most disappointing about kenmore refrigerator from Sears was service received in store and lack of answers , but reviewer liked i will like it when they are out of business. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments