On December 13, 2015 I purchased several appliances from the Sears store in Henderson, KY.I purchased a Dishwasher, stove, microwave and Kenmore refrigerator.

When we installed the refrigerator, we hooked up the icemaker. Unbeknownst to me, after making 2 loads of ice, the icemaker started to leak. This leak was not discovered until we noticed the floor and wall beside the refrigerator was molded. We turned off the water and called to have a Sears technician come out to look at the icemaker.

When the technician arrived (after waiting 2 weeks), all he did was turn the water back on since he thought the only issue was the icemaker wasn't making ice. This compounded the water damage done to the floor and wall because the technician told us that the issue was fixed and again, we didn't realize it was still leaking until the damage became even worse. We turned the water back off and let the floor and wall dry. During this time, my husband was fighting stage 4 lung cancer, so I didn't call the sears technician back out right away.

Unfortunately, my husband passed December 11, 2016. Once life settled down, I turned my focus back to my refrigerator to see if I could get it fixed. I have had a technician out several times this year, Feb 9, 2017, July 2017, Aug 2, 2017, Aug 18, 2017, Sept 14, 2017 and Oct 27, 2017. Those are just the dates that I received work receipts for.

Each time it is a different technician that comes out. They have replaced the tubing, the motherboard, and the actual icemaker and nothing has fixed the leak. I am now living with a refrigerator in the middle of my kitchen because I don't want to push it back against the wall because of the leak and I cannot fix my floor or wall until the leak gets fixed. I have spoken to several of your customer service representatives.

I have been hung up on, passed off to a different department, been told that I could not have my refrigerator replaced because I didn't have enough qualifying service orders. Nobody seems to want to help me. Can you? I have added up all the repair costs that Sears has had to pay for this refrigerator.

$2,634.27. And the cost will continue to increase because your company isn't willing to cut their losses and just replace a $1500 refrigerator. From what I have been told, I only have 2 qualifying service calls because the technicians have only replaced 2 parts.

Well there aren't any more parts on this icemaker to replace.Now I am being told that I have to wait 2 more weeks until another technician can get out to my house.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments