With Company response

we paid 1800 dollars for a new refrigerator in 2004, I have had service out 6 times for the same problem with the ice maker and they havent been able to fix it,each time called we were charged 90 dollars for the service call which totals 540 dollars the only reason we called sears to fix it was it was under warranty, got up this morning and everything was thawed out in freezer and the refer is not cold either.I will never buy anything including clothing from sears again they havent stood behind there product and they have handled this problem poorly.

I asked for the refer to be replaced they wouldnt even consider it even though it was the same problem 6 times we even offered to pay a prorate to no avail it wasnt handled.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Rick:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. I can only imagine the frustration you have endured while getting your refrigerator repaired. Our intent is to have your appliance working properly and not to have the same issue happen again or to wait on parts to arrive with no refrigerator to use in the meantime. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please send an email to smsupport@searshc.com with your contact phone number (if different than the contact phone number) and any other information you would like to provide to us regarding this situation. We will get that information over to a Case Manager who will contact you directly so that you won't have to continue to be impacted by this. Also, please provide the screen name (Rick) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

They are ***, I have the warranty and I'm not charged for fixing it but it has broken down twice. Once for the ice maker and once for the compressor. I know two people personally that have it and both issues with both of them.

The compressor came 30 minutes after the repair guy and now I have to wait another week to get it fixed.

Get the protection, you will need it.

Sure, they will 'refund' you the money for a rental, that's if you can afford a rental and do without the money for months.

If you would have bought the protection agreement, the refrigerator would have been replaced, based on the regular price and not the sale price.You could have gotten an upgraded appliance after the 4th of the same problem within a 12 month period.

Ice makers are usually simple issues to fix and the circuits are separate to the fridge. So if the whole unit is not working, then this is typical of an electrical problem in your household on that line, surge, over loading the circuit, fuse or breaker issues. All covered under the 3 and 5 year service agreements.

No company will give you a new fridge, with no insurance, for household electrical problems.Have a licensed electrician check out your circuits and give you advice,,,,, this will save you lots and lots of money on future appliance problems.

Slayton, Minnesota, United States #26313

What a ***. If it was still under an extended warranty with Sears, you would not have been charged for anything. Either you're ***, or a complete liar.