I purchased a Kenmore stove in September of 2013. The other night after baking a pizza, I turned the stove off by pressing the "Stop" button on the control panel.

The panel started to spark, and then caught on FIRE! I was able to put the fire out, pulled the stove away from the wall, and removed the back panel. The control panel was completely burnt. Sears informed me that I should have bought the Master Protection Agreement for circumstances like this.

IT IS 2 YEARS OLD. Sears refused to stand behind their product and Vanessa, the company rep, informed me that I should have had it serviced yearly like it states in the manual. Nowhere in the manual does it recommend removing the back panel and checking the mother board to see if it might potentially catch fire. Sear only attempt to make this right was to try and sell me a protection plan in case it happened again.

An internet search showed that that Kenmore stoves are known for this problem, but nothing is being done to correct it. I caution any buyer, DO NOT PURCHASE A KENMORE STOVE, and I would highly recommend that due to Sears lack of concern, do not purchase anything from this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Refusal to not fix the problem and the lack of caring.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 29, 2015.

Comments