1.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I bought a Kenmore Washer & Dryer set and had them delivered in early August.On October 4th the washer started flooding my downstairs.

I called Sears customer service to schedule a repair and had to call 9 times before someone would send out a Tech (one of them actually told me that my washer was flooding because I only washed 4 dress shirts in it! Wow they think we're all idiots). The first apt was Oct 17th. The Tech (Tony, Tech Id 901538) inspected the washer - and took pictures which he showed to me and sent to his STAC (manager): the outer tub was cracked and it was not economical to repair.

He spoke with STAC and they agreed it should be replaced. (Either repair or repace is fine with me as long as I have a Washer that works right). The next day I called the member care number (800-827-6655) and they said that Tony didn't file all of the paperwork call back. I called Tony's cell phone and he said he did file the paperwork.

I called Member Care the next day and they said they need to send out another Tech - and the soonest apt is Nov 2nd! So on Nov 2nd, Tony comes to my house again. He acts all amazed and takes more pictures of the broken tub, gets a part number (3045ER0048U) and this time the STAC says maybe it can be repaired instead of replaced. Tony tells me that if I want a new one I should go back to the store and speak with the manager.

I tell Tony let's repair this Washer ... and I also go to the store (try all avenues available). I called member care the next morning on my commute - they scheduled another appointment on the 16th. On Sunday, Nov 5th, I popped into a Sears store and asked to speak with a manager about my Kenmore Washer that broke after 2 months and hasn't been fixed in over 1 month.

Some customers overheard me and asked me about some details. Some nice woman named Maria, took down my info (I had made copies of my receipt and documents from Tony). She said she'd e-mail the customer service manager and cc me. I haven't seen anything yet.

So I'm heading back to the store. Now I call them every morning on my commute - sometimes they just dump me on hold (after 10 mins the call drops and I call back). I say I am hoping to speak with someone who can cut the red tape, so I tell them the WHOLE story each time (Amazingly they stay on the line for all of it).

It has become part of my morning ritual.Also, I pop into the Sears at the loca

I didn't like: Very poor customer service from management and retail support, Product did not last, Lies we were told.

Comments