Brooklyn, New York
With Company response

In 2007 I purchased a Kenmore washer from sears.I have put in numerous complaints in about the bleach dispenser rusting.The rust is traveling outside to the side of the washer and they claim that this is not covered.My washer and dryer are taken care of like children they look brand new and for sears to tell me I would have to purchase a new top is unfair. The rust is also leaving holes in my towels and clothes this is so unfair and I feel like I have been taken a fool of when they sell you the warranty they take their money but when there is a problem that cant be fixed the just leave with the options of purchasing the part or THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO.I will not recommend sears to anyone .

Comments

My kenmore elite washer Is rusted everywhere! It’s junk, I just bought a new washer today

Our Kenmore Elite Washer is rusting around the bleach dispenser also. Think we need to bring a suit against them this is not acceptable

B.Ann68

I also puchased a Kenmore ELITE Top Loader Washing Machine aporox 4 yrs ago. It also is rusting like crazy around the top by the dispenser.

Actually start to get rust flaking off. I only use liquid detergent..and no bleach.

Extremly unhappy... Muncie Indiana

wdalessi
#1192674

My Kenmore elite washer is Rusting around top panel underneath and This is a design flaw as it is happening to everyone. I do not use liquid bleach at all.

The enamel flakes off. The need to fix it. Less than 3 years old.

Everyone is complaining and I do not see Sears fixing things. The worst washer I ever bought.

In 2010 I purchased an Kenmore elite washer and dryer, the washer is completely rusting out from the bleach compartment. The enamel is pealing and everyone I have talked with has told me that this is not covered under any warranty.

I paid over 1200.00 for this washer and I am appalled at the quality of this appliance. I have only ever owned Kenmore, but no more. I will make sure that I inform everyone I can what a total piece of garbage this washer is and what lousy customer service I have gotten in trying to get help for a washer that is only 4 1/2 years old.

I bought this top loading washer to avoid all the problems that front loaders had with smells, at least my clothes would not have rust marks on them, totally ruining them!

I have seen hundreds of similar complaints about this very problem so I know I'm not alone! This was a bad model and it should have been recalled and replaced by Kenmore.

@drm

drm- I have had the same issues with extreme rusting problems on my Kenmore Elite top loader which is under 4 years old. Did your problem get resolved?

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous425473,

I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of Sears for the difficulties that have occurred with your washer. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. From your post I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and we would like to assist. My name is Liz with the Sears Social Media Support team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (Anonymous425473) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

#919432
@Sears Response

What about the rest of us with the same problem! So sad that we have owned this washer only a little over 3 years!

This is ***!

SearsCares
Sears Response
#919518
@Mesalady58

Hi Mesalady58,

We'd like to learn more about your issue and do everything in our power to make things right. Please reach out to us on one of our social channels so we can learn more about your experience:

• Sears Facebook: http://on.fb.me/18CwSqp

• Sears Twitter: http://bit.ly/1BK1jbL

Both channels are moderated M-F from 8a-8p CT, Sat-Sun from 8a-6p CT and we’ll take great care of you.

@Mesalady58

Exactly. Sears is well on the way to putting it's entire company completely out of business with the c.r.a.p.

appliances and service that it provides. People shouldn't have to become "escalated" to get a proper response from Sears. EVERYONE who is having problems with Sears should be treated right the first time.

Sounds to me that it would be alot cheaper and easier for Sears just to immediately deliver a new replacement appliance and haul the old one away (after helping to move the refrigerator food to the new one). By *** off it's customers and giving them the run around, they are making the situation much worse and the word of mouth from these pissed off customers is going to spread like wildfire and burn this unscrupulous company down to the ground into smoldering ashes.