With Company response

Purchased a KitchenAid dishwasher from Sears in April 2012.I also paid Sears Appliance to instal professionally.

In October of this year (approx 20 months later) the dishwasher developed a major leak which caused significant damage to the basement ceiling below. I called the Sears Customer Service number and they advised that my one year warranty was expired on most parts and labour but they would have a maintenance person come out and assess the repairs. Minimum service charge of 65 dollars to which I agreed. They came out the following Monday and after a short time assessed the problem as three clamps which they believed were installed improperly at the beginning which probably caused the problem.

They proceeded to replace the clamps and reinstall in the cabinet. They had to install the machine differently so the clamps wouldnt be compromised as was the case in the original installation. They billed me 223 dollars for the call and repairs. The actual repair took around 20 minutes although I was there for 2 hours while they waited for the clamps to be delivered.

(not once but twice) The dishwasher was 900 dollars on sale for 600. It was installed incorrectly by Sears technicians and leaked into my basement causing about damage to my ceiling and flooring. When I called to query the charges I was told that was the cost of a service charge and repairing clamps. (charges are not based on time worked...they use a costing chart).

They did not take any responsibility for the shoddy workmanship at the time of installation and they charged my service call seperate from the repair even though taking the washer out of the cabinet and assessing the problem was more than half the job. I eventually talked to a supervisors with the same result. They could have cared less. You got what you paid for...the bill stands.

I told them I was a Sears customer for 35 years and their moto "Products and Services from the Company You Trust" is just words with no substance.

The bottom line is...I got 30% off at sale and they got it back after market.Nice scam.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hi Anonymous,

We appreciate you taking time to post about the issues with your dishwasher, we understand how this has been a challenging and disappointing experience. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support Team. We do value you as a long time loyal Sears member and appreciate your business. To this end, we’d like to the opportunity to speak with you to see how we can make this right by you. So that a dedicated case manager may contact you directly, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned (anonymous458796), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. We apologize for the challenges you have experienced and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian L.