With Company response

I dropped off one-year-old Craftsman mower at our local Sears repair department on May 22 because it would not turn on when cranked. We purchased a three-year Protection Agreement when we bought the mower last March. I was given an estimate of June 5 for when I could expect to have the mower back. I called the Product Repair Services number on the receipt June 10 to check on the status of the mower. I was told that they were waiting on a spark plug to come in so that they could complete the repair, and that I could expect to have the mower back the week of June 17. After not hearing anything this week, I called back today. I was told that they were still waiting on the part to come in before they could complete the repair. I said that I assumed we would not be charged for the repair since it was going to end up taking over a month when we were given an estimate of two weeks; "No," the customer service agent told me, "You will be charged $4 for the parts."

I asked the customer service representative when they received the mower from our local Sears; she told me May 25. I asked when they ordered the parts; she told me June 9. When I asked why it had taken two weeks for them to diagnose the issue and order the parts, her response was "Well sir, mind you, we have thousands of products that come to us every day, and first we have to make sure the product actually belongs to the person who says it's theirs, then we have to send it to the repair department, then it takes a while for them to diagnose the issue." She then proceeded to tell me that typically, it does take seven to ten days for parts to come in. I reminded her that it had been over seven to ten days since they ordered the part. She offered to check on the status of the parts for me, but said that it would take 24 to 48 hours for her to call me back regarding this status. I said no thanks and asked to speak to a manager; I'm now off the phone waiting for a manager who, according to the customer service rep, will call me "at some point today."

I will never buy another product from Sears. This is ridiculous...

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Jun 20, 2013.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

We apologize for the troubles you had with your mower and how the repair of the same was handled. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We would like the opportunity to talk to you about this experience and provide any further assistance if needed. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous421479), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Edwin C.