701 Russell Ave, Gaithersburg, MD 20877, USA
1.9

I would advise anyone who happens to purchase Sears products to avoid at all cost wasting their money on service contracts. The salesman convinced me to spend $599 on a 5 year repair contract on a professional lawn mower (that was grossly overpriced by the way).

I did buy the service contract and in the past two years I had to cell twice. The customer service person gives you an appointment that is at least 4-6 weeks away claiming that all repair technicians are booked solid. Six weeks later you get a call telling you that they could not locate the part (which is a basic $12 tension spring you can buy on Amazon) and that the appointment was moved to the end of August. Considering that the first call was made on 4/4/2017, a four month wait is very unusual and a way for Sears to avoid meeting their obligations.

It is no wonder they are going out of business. Dishonesty can only go so far. I would NEVER buy anything from Sears in general.

This is a company that will dissolve and disappear for very good reasons. I ended up ordering the part and hiring someone to install it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Protection Plan.

Sears Cons: Would never honor the warranty.

Comments

Bought overpriced tractor plus a $600 useless agreement

Who is really the bozo here ha what a stooge

Come to my store next

akilani2
@Anonymous

What an ignorant loser you are! Is this is how you solicit new business?.

Stop being a *** and hiding behind "Anonymous" . Your low class trash vocabulary will sure bring you a lot of business!

why did u buy it if it was way overpriced

akilani2
@Anonymous

Had no idea. It was a Sears Brand (Craftsman).

It turns out to be the same engine and frame as Cub Cadet.

I had other service contracts with Sears for home appliances and they were OK. The service is terrible with garden equipment.