I WENT TO SEARS IN RENO AND PUT A 26 GALLON AIR COMPRESSOR WITH A IMPACT GUN AND AN AIR RATCHET INCLUDED WITH THE AIR COMPRESSOR WITH A PENNY DOWN. WHEN I DISCOVERED THAT iV COULD GET A BETTER AIR COMPRESSOR CHEAPER ELSE WHERE AND WENT TO CANCEL MY LAYAWAY AT SEARS THE NOT ONLY CHARGED ME $15.00 FOR CANCELING MY LAYAWAY BUT THEY ALSO CHARGED ME AND ADDITIONAL $4.99 for canceling the layaway.

i am not to happy with the seas right now, their employees just stand around talking with customers standing in lines, sears has stolen/took $20.00 from me on this air compressor and I only put one penny down on it and instead of getting my full layaway payment of $99.93 back I got $79.55.

IN MY OPINION THAT IS NOT A VERY GOD WAY TO DO BUSINESS.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $20. This person is overall dissatisfied with Sears. The most disappointing about craftsman 16471 air compressor at Sears was fact that sears took money from me Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments

As an ex employee and not a big fan of Sears I normally support bashing.However, the layaway contract he signed stated the costs for cancellation.

If he wanted to avoid this fee then just pay out the layaway and do a return for full price.Sears is far from the only company to charge for cancellations and many companies also charge a setup fee as they are taking merchandise off the shelf to hold for you.