I WENT TO SEARS IN RENO AND PUT A 26 GALLON AIR COMPRESSOR WITH A IMPACT GUN AND AN AIR RATCHET INCLUDED WITH THE AIR COMPRESSOR WITH A PENNY DOWN. WHEN I DISCOVERED THAT iV COULD GET A BETTER AIR COMPRESSOR CHEAPER ELSE WHERE AND WENT TO CANCEL MY LAYAWAY AT SEARS THE NOT ONLY CHARGED ME $15.00 FOR CANCELING MY LAYAWAY BUT THEY ALSO CHARGED ME AND ADDITIONAL $4.99 for canceling the layaway.

i am not to happy with the seas right now, their employees just stand around talking with customers standing in lines, sears has stolen/took $20.00 from me on this air compressor and I only put one penny down on it and instead of getting my full layaway payment of $99.93 back I got $79.55.

IN MY OPINION THAT IS NOT A VERY GOD WAY TO DO BUSINESS.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Fact that sears took money from me.

Comments

As an ex employee and not a big fan of Sears I normally support bashing. However, the layaway contract he signed stated the costs for cancellation.

If he wanted to avoid this fee then just pay out the layaway and do a return for full price. Sears is far from the only company to charge for cancellations and many companies also charge a setup fee as they are taking merchandise off the shelf to hold for you.