Hull, Massachusetts
With Company response Not resolved

I have been a loyal customer of Sears since I was a child almost half a century. I am very disappointed in the crooked/lying/thieving ways that SEARS has deteriorated to.

On May 24, 2013 I purchased online a refurbished RCA TV. It was received on 6/6/13. The TV looks nice and works fine until it warms up, then the picture dies, you only have a black screen with sound only. Usually after an hour. Then when you switch it on again, it may die after 20 minutes.

I printed out the label to return it, but couldn't due to an illness. Then I had to travel abroad. On returning I tried to print out a label on 6/26/13 but couldn't. I called Sears.com customer service. I was told 30 days had past since the date of the online order and I couldn't return it. I explained that I received it on 6/6/13 which was well below 30 days. Anyway, I was supposedly transferred to someone in your Corporate Office, Vicky. I explained the situation and she supposedly took details of the situation and even asked if i'd like to purchase another TV. She then said that I would receive a Prepaid shipping label within 48 hours to my email. chemiche3@yahoo.com. She promised me my account would be credited once the TV was received! I received nothing!

On June 28, 2013, I called back again and spoke with a man who apologized for the inconvenience and again promised me a label within 48 hours. Again, I received nothing!

Today, July 3, 2013 I called again and first spoke with Faisa(?) who then transferred me to Eunice. I explained that this was the third time that I had called and that I had talked to someone in the Corporate office who promised that the issue would be resolved. Eunice told me that that was impossible as they do not have contact to the Corporate office. Also since the 30 days were past there was no way that I could get the label. She said that she would put a request in for label. I told her that it would be the third time such a request would be made and that I never hear back anything. She also said she saw no record of me calling the Corporate office.

Note, I did not ask to call the Corporate Office, but whoever I spoke to that day said she was transferring me there and the person claimed to be in Corporate! All the people I've talked to sounded like they were in India.

My Concern is the DECEPTION/FRAUD in your Customer Service Department! Why would someone claim to resolve an issue and pretend to be someone who they are not? Such things may be tolerated abroad but I live in the USA and we value honesty!

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #748259

I would like to know why no one has sued them?

They do things that are clearly skirting the boundaries of the law.

If they don't start hiring competent people they will go out of business fast.

I was a long time customer as well(over forty years) and that didn't seem to mean anything to anyone, unfortunately.

Sears is NOTHING of the company it was a half century ago.It is very poorly run on extremely low budgets.

The employee turnover is insane which depletes the knowledge base and experience.Meaning no one knows what's going on nor does anyone care whats going on.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Chemi,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We would like the chance to apologize not only for the failure of your television purchase, but also the failure in the customer service that you received. There is nothing worse than setting a false expectation for a member, and we’d like the opportunity to see what options we have to help make this right by you. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Chemi), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Brian S.