With Company response

I purchased a Kenmore Elite 31 cu. top of the range refrigerator with a protection agreement less than 2 years ago. The refrigerator can't cool less than 50 degrees Fahrenheit. My entire family got food poisoning due to the *** design showing what the temp is set at and not what the actual temperature is. We had to throw way 2 weeks of food as it spoiled.

A Technician came out a week ago and said it needed a part. Part arrived next day, but technician could only install a week later, yesterday. The technician said to wait 24 hours. After 24+ hours the refrigerator is at whopping 50F.

I called Sears this morning asking for a technician. Sears scheduled a technician for that afternoon 1-5pm window. Sears called an 1 hour later telling me their technician has gone home and they will not be able to service the refrigerator that day. They then said the next available opening was in 5 days when I have been without a refrigerator for almost 3 weeks now.

I have been on the phone with Sears for more than 2.5 hours to speak to a Supervisor. I was disconnected twice and rerouted to the 1800 number once. Sears service is pathetic!!!!

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We would like to apologize for how your refrigerator repair has been handled, and for the less than stellar customer service that you have received throughout your experience. We would like to follow up with you regarding the concerns you brought to our attention, and discuss some options we have to help moving forward. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous440483), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Brian S.