With Company response

Bought a stacked Electrolux washer and dryer at sears. Washer defective after 18 months.

Got a voucher for $1550.00 to replace it. Found an LG that was rated#1 by consumer report for $1100.00, and was told it would work if I bought a $40.00 stacking kit. Two different companies tried to install it, but failed. Was told they were incompatible and would have to buy a new dryer or different washer.

Called sears to have them deliver the correct washer, and was told they would only give me $100.00 toward a new one. This was six weeks after they agreed to give me $1550.00 toward a new one.

Comments

Miami, Florida, United States #627009

I bought a smart care warranty for my refrigerator on August of 2012. I fot there info via the web.

I asked the rep specifically if there is a constant recurring problem, are we protected by a lemon law. They said yes, after the 3rd repair. Im at the 4th repair for the same issues. I was told I would get rhe value of my original purchase, or at least $500 re-imbursment towards a new one.

After days and over 40+ hours of frustrating calls, Ive been lied to, not helped and just now was hung up by a manager by the name of Linda in customer service.

Im just personally shocked on how they treat there customers. Do not get contacts with Sears, they are not customer friendly

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonympus387824,

Please accept our apologies for the confusion surrounding the exchange of your washer. My name is Misty and I am with the Sears Cares team and we would like to look further into this situation to see how we can resolve this. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonympus387824), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and we’ll be in touch.

Misty H.