The light housing in my Kenmore trio has been replaced numerous times and once again is shorting out. The light will stay on and smell like it is on fire as well as melt any product(s) in the area due to the intense heat it emits.

I have requested a new refrigerator twice in the past year due to this not being the only issue with the product, the other being the door handle. The door handle keeps falling off and they did replace it finally this year. I am extremely concerned about leaving for work and coming home to find my elderly Mother has died due to a house fire.

When I have asked Sears to replace the refrigerator, I have been told that will not happen.

Comments

#201916

Dear Lemanski,

My name is Scott and I'm with the Social Media Support Team within Sears Corporate. I wanted to reach out to you to offer help. I'm terribly sorry for the reoccurring problem with the light fixture within your refrigerator. I know it must be beyond frustration and inconvenient to keep addressing and repairing the same issue. I also understand the concern behind the fire risk; we certainly wouldn't overlook something like a safety concern. We'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the fridge was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Lemanski) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.

Social Media Support

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #201553

Lemanski, Is the Frig still in warrantee, also did you buy a service policy from Sears/Kmart/A+E Factory serice. If you have a warrantee or service policy you have a case to demand a new refri.Whey the light is staying on is a bad door switch or the repairs Sears has done they have accidently shorted something out in the refrig causing the light to stay on.Or this unit may have had the defect in it when you bought it, making it a lemon. Contact Sears one more time and ask them to get this corrected by fixing it or replacing it.If they fail to do it, take your complaint about Sears to your states attorney Generals office, something will get done for you.