The most recent complaint I have with Sears (and there are many now) is their refusal to replace or refund a replacement bulb for an HD TV we purchased only 5 months ago.The first bulb only lasted about 3-4 years.

I got a replacement bulb in May at our expense. The TV screen quickly again darkened, but thinking that there was no way the bulb could be the problem, I took it to a repairman, who diagnosed the problem quickly as nothing but the bulb. He replaced the bulb, and it has been fine. I called to request a refund for the defective bulb, but was told that it was past the warranty time.

The representative became terse from the start when I asked her to repeat her name, which was unusual. She stated that I would need to purchase a new bulb or have a serviceman come to the home. When I reminded her that the bulb was only 5 months old and that I wanted to talk to her manager, she declined, stating that the manager would only tell me the same thing. Sears was extremely friendly when we spend thousands of dollars on several appliances, always insisiting on selling extended warranties, which are worthless and expensive.

But I must warn you that when service time comes, look out. They absolutely will not stand behind their products. This is the first of many issues we have had with them over bad products and bad service afterwards. Please deal with anyone else, or simply do without whatever appliance you are considering.

We simply have never had such incredibly bad, not to mention rude, service in our lives.I have never written a negative review about a company, but Sears has pushed us beyond disgusted.

Review about: Sears Manager.

Comments