With Company response

To start off I ordered a California king sized mattress and split box springs online. On the facing page it does not state that you have to buy two to complete the set for the box springs.

The morning that it was suppose to be delivered I received a call stating that there was only one box spring and the mattress. I requested them to wait to bring my box spring and mattress because I wanted it them together. I called customer service and was told that the second half of the box springs would cost $260 when I paid $130 for the first half. I requested to speak with a sup after the agent argued with me; she disconnected the phone call.

After calling back and speaking with the sup he was able to get me to someone that would honor the original price I paid. That agent ended up charging me again for the mattress, box spring, and also the second box spring. I called back and spoke with another agent who informed me that she would credit my banking account. Also the agent informed me that I would receive a call letting me know when the appointment would be set to best suit my time.

I get an automated call on Friday night that the beds would be delivered Saturday morning. I did not agree to this time because I have to work. I called out of work and the delivery men showed up with just the box springs and no mattress. The delivery man called the warehouse who informed me that a separate appointment had been made to deliver the mattress on Tuesday.

I am off on Sunday's and Monday's not Tuesdays. I called customer service and was very upset; I told the agent from the start that I was very upset. When I was trying to explain the situation I interrupted repeatedly and then was told, "You don't talk to me that way!" I was upset which should be understandable, especially since I was being charged twice for something I hadn't received. I requested to speak with her supervisor and she told me I would have to have a good reason to speak to her and she needed to know.

I told her I had a problem with her talking to me the way she was and she basically tells me off. I finally had to tell her I wanted to speak to a sup because she was being a *** (which I really didn't want to do but it was the only way to get a sup). She places me on hold for 30-45 min. The delivery men stated that she was being very spiteful and apologized for her behavior.

The delivery men were very nice and was also trying to work with me and their agents. I told him I wanted everything together because they would also have to haul my old bed away. He informed the agent he was speaking with and they made another appointment for Monday to deliver the mattress and box springs. This morning at 8:00 am the next delivery men came to my door with the mattress only.

I called once again and was told they could only deliver my mattress and not the box springs. I went ahead and had them haul my mattress away and left the box springs here. They refused to send someone out today on my day off and told me they would make an appointment for tomorrow. I have to work and it was still early in the morning.

They have stated they would place a window for tomorrow from 4:00 to 6:00 but I am not home until 4:40 to 5:00. I have been given a discount but was promised 3 different $60 gift cards that I have yet to receive and the money is still not back into my account. I have had to miss work and spent numerous hours on the phone with numerous rude customer service agents.

I am not satisfied with the way my order has been dealt with. The whole ordeal has left me feeling that Sears is not a professional company

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the manner in which your mattress and box spring delivery have been handled. We understand your frustration and would like to offer our assistance to help resolve this issue. In addition, we know how concerning it is to be charged twice for a product that has not been delivered completely. We value you as a Sears customer and would like to do everything possible to make this right for you. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com so you do not have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the mattress and box springs were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (Anonymous447396) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Susan R.