Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Purchased a side by side fridge in 2013 and subsequently after 1 yr seepage occurred at the ice cube area wherein seepage started oozing out and by and by rust appeared. This was a slow process and I kept thinking it would mellow out but NO...it did not so I called a repairman from Sears who looked at the fridge and said they do not make this panel any longer so lots of luck to you and yours.

The Diagnostic fee was $89 which I refused to pay as nothing was done except to tell me they no longer make the panel.

I was out of warranty and let the chips fall where they made. Today I called the Philippines (their main CS Camp) where, although the people are polite), you need extra sets of ears to decipher and the end result you know is fruitless.

Am I surprised Sears is going down the shoot without a good bye...No

I liked: I can, Unable to.

I didn't like: Salesman was longwinded and inept.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 06.

Comments

That "seepage" is seeping from somewhere. You mentioned the ice cube area so it has to be either the water supply line itself or more likely the connections to the ice unit or the water supply.

There is also the possibility that the temperature is slightly higher than it should be - does the ice seem loose and OK or does it sort of freeze together into a larger more solid mass ? Just for the sake of experiment, I'd turn off the water supply at the wall for a few weeks and see if the seepage stops. The rest of the refrigerator / freezer works OK ?

The rusty areas though ugly should be a fairly easy fix ; the plastics just need scrubbed with a mild abrasive like NOVUS #2 and the painted area sanded to bare metal, primed, and painted with an appropriate topcoat. I hope this is all better advice than what they told you for $89 ...