With Company response Not resolved

A week ago called for service because ac bought eleven months ago not working. Have medical condition, must have a/c, was told someone would be here within 48 hours as an "emergency call", but no repair number was given when I asked about it.

No one ever showed up and no one has called. I went to the Sears website and the site ended my text call call before I finished texting the problem. Tried again. This time given an option to have someone call; I took it.

Got a robo, no human, call saying someone would be here Friday morning, a full 8 days after the original call. I left a message for a real person to verify this and got no response. I have asked for protection plan refund or verification.

No answer. I told them I would be calling Mass AG's office.

Review about: Sears Protection Plan.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Nina1,

We apologize for the troubles that you’ve been having with your a/c and the lack of follow up for the repair of it. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We would like to look into this further and provide you any necessary assistance in getting this issue resolved as well as putting an end to your frustrations. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Nina1), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Edwin C.

Social Media Moderator

Social Media Support Team

You purchased insurance for service but not timely or expediant service. You bought the agreement, that's all Sears cares about. They got your money. You actually did the worst as far as Sears is concerned, you actually used your service plan. Those plans or insurance are sold under the premise and hope that you wont use it. You cost Sears money especially since those optional extras are the only thing that Sears knows how to make money on.

I would make sure you get the agreement extended for your time out of service or get a pro rated credit for your time out of service. Also find out if they were sending out a Sears service tech, A&E Factory service, a contractor and/or manufacturer technician. In the end Sears is responsible.

Also report Sears to the local better business bureau.

Good Luck