Bought a Kenmore Elite model bottom freezer double door fridge a year ago. Worked great up until about a month ago.

Now running so loud we can hear it when we are lying in bed upstairs! I call for repair service, as I have the Master Protection Plan, that I paid $544.00 for and they have some "pre-diagnostics" they do over the phone and said that its 'normal for a fridge of this age (so old-1 year) to sound loud, and they can't send a repair person out for it. Really? So I wait for a week, and now the thing is running louder than ever and an odor of burnt plastic is detected.

I call again, get the "Pre-diagnostic" person and she asks me if its just the smell of plastic , because thats normal and we can't send a repair person out. I finally convince the lady on the other end that its loud and smell like its burning!! Got an appt. now today they send email to tell me its not on the day we decided on but the day I work..I am soooo upset with Sears and their repair service.

They won't tell you if they are stopping by in morning or afternoon, just 8-5p..and they expect you can just sit there all day waiting on them..please take the paying customers schedule into consideration. If treated with concern we may repeat our business with you , Sears, but they way I've been treated and others I've read here, I can see that's not your concern.

It leaves us frustrated and not sure what to do..why should we get repair services outside our contract , when we paid so much for your Master Protection plan. Shame on you Sears!

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Master Protection Plan.

Preferred solution: To have the appointment for my repair on the original day I decided upon in the first place..not someone mistake date.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 16, 2017.

Comments