I purchased a set of Sealy pillow top mattresses from Sears on Nov. 4, 2015 and within 2 weeks of use the top mattress showed signs of being poorly made and defective.

After calling every phone number I could find where I could actually speak a human being I finally got a person on the phone who was willing to listen and try to help (talked to several who did not care). They suggested a replacement top mattress and I reluctantly agreed. The replacement was delivered on Dec. 5, 2015.

The "new" replacement mattress is in worse condition that the one which was sent back to Sears. I immediately contacted the mattress department and spoke to Tina and explained what was happening and she said there would be no problem in having the mattresses returned and getting a full refund (without a restocking fee), but I would need to call back today Dec. 6, 2015 due to having to wait for the computer system to update with yesterdays delivery. I called today and talked to a very rude man who said that I must have misunderstood what I was told and that I need to refer to Sears mattress rules (which I never received in the first place).

This man would not let me speak, just kept talking over me saying that I have to keep this mattress for 31 days (from Dec. 4th) before I can request for the mattresses to be returned. AND I have to pay 15% restocking fee!! I am supposed to sleep on a mattress where the top stitching is all pulled out??

This is the worst customer service I have ever heard of. They sell defective merchandise and I am supposed to be happy with it????

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Replacement.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Item was damaged.

Comments