With Company response Not resolved

Purchased a mattress at our local Sears retail store for delivery to my son's apartment 90 miles away.They said no problem -- both areas are served from the same warehouse.

They called the night before and said they would deliver at 8am. Wasn't going to be able to make the 1.5 hour drive in time to meet them at 8am so tried to reschedule. They said not possible but anyone over the age of 18 could receive it. Neighbor of my son agreed to help out.

Truck arrived with 1 guy (to deliver queen mattress and boxspring) so neighbor had to help haul it all up 2 floors. When my son arrived, the mattress, boxspring and bed frame (still boxed) were stacked against the wall. Delivery was to include, according to the sales clerk and printed on my receipt, set-up of bed-frame and removal of packing materials. Complete failure in the service department!

Customer service wins my business over sale prices.

Definitely will be taking future business elsewhere.

(Treated our neighbor to dinner for his help.Delivery guy should be looking for another job!)

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Sears Response

I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are sorry for the troubles you have encountered with your son’s mattress delivery. We can truly understand how important it is to have the mattress set up as promised. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to ensure the issues with your son’s mattress delivery are addressed and hopefully restore your faith in Sears. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that you have been assigned to reference your post (ks), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.