Sears - Mattress issues, delivery errors, refusal to make it right

Update added by user Apr 12, 2013

Oops! I accidentally clicked the Bull@$@% button and don't know how to undo that!

Just to update the status, someone from Sears Corporate did finally contact me, but said there was nothing else they could do. Their advice was to try again in six months to file a complaint with the warranty department, basically.

The SEARS rep said Sealy wouldn't let them warranty out htis mattress.

So my husband is still sleeping on the guest bed and me on our son's bottom bunk.

Original review posted by user Mar 12, 2013

I had to jump through 16+ steps, photos, etc.just to get the mattress warranty approved.

Once the sales people at two different stores realized we were searching for a replacement mattress, they walked away and wouldn’t help us because they work on commission. They sent the delivery people to the wrong address. They brought the wrong mattress TWICE! They sold us a replacement that was a closeout mattress priced way below the amount we were entitled for our original mattress.

Because it was a close-out, they didn't even have the right one in stock, so I was forced to choose another without the chance to even try it.

The second replacement has all the same problems as the original mattress – holds heat, sinks too deep when you lie down, offering no support, the box spring sags under the weight of the new mattress and the holes don’t pop back up so when you change positions you’re lying in a pit.I even wrote to corporate, and took new photos, but they won’t replace it or give us a refund.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sears Response Mar 14, 2013

Dear Mender8,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We’re sorry to hear about the problems you had with your mattress, and for that we apologize. We noticed that you had also tweet your mattress concern on 3/11/13. You'll be contacted by the first available Case Mgr. Thank you for your patience.

Edwin C.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.