Sears - Mattress issues, delivery errors, refusal to make it right
Update added by user Apr 12, 2013
Oops! I accidentally clicked the Bull@$@% button and don't know how to undo that!
Just to update the status, someone from Sears Corporate did finally contact me, but said there was nothing else they could do. Their advice was to try again in six months to file a complaint with the warranty department, basically.
The SEARS rep said Sealy wouldn't let them warranty out htis mattress.
So my husband is still sleeping on the guest bed and me on our son's bottom bunk.
Original review posted by user Mar 12, 2013
I had to jump through 16+ steps, photos, etc.just to get the mattress warranty approved.
Once the sales people at two different stores realized we were searching for a replacement mattress, they walked away and wouldn’t help us because they work on commission. They sent the delivery people to the wrong address. They brought the wrong mattress TWICE! They sold us a replacement that was a closeout mattress priced way below the amount we were entitled for our original mattress.
Because it was a close-out, they didn't even have the right one in stock, so I was forced to choose another without the chance to even try it.
The second replacement has all the same problems as the original mattress – holds heat, sinks too deep when you lie down, offering no support, the box spring sags under the weight of the new mattress and the holes don’t pop back up so when you change positions you’re lying in a pit.I even wrote to corporate, and took new photos, but they won’t replace it or give us a refund.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Sears is a nightmare company. An example is we had to replace 4 dehumidifiers that lasted 1-2 years. I tried to contact headquarters, but ended up speaking with people in..."
- "I bought a Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer Model 592-89474. It was delivered in September 2015 and installed after our renovation was completed in November, 2015. In October 2016,..."
- "Oredered two sofas on 12/08/10 not sent. Add said available and ready for shipping. False advertising.The first guy I chatted with out and out lied and said it was going..."
- "This app is so close to a scam, but not, I'm surprised the pros haven't completely rioted yet. Yes, it looks all snazzy and cool with its neato UI/UX design..."
- " Frank's Auto Credit is a Family Owned and Operated, Independent Buy-Here Pay-Here Dealer that was established in 1995 by Frank M. Lynch. For nearly 20 Years Frank's Auto Credit..."
- "So I have worked for the company for a few years now at a few different chains in a few different states. Each time transferring easily to my current postion..."
- "On Nov 1st 2015 I ordered a dress online from JC Penney. I received a email on Nov 2nd, saying that my item was shipped with a invoice date of..."
- "Bought a touch screen lap top from Tiger Direct online. When it came, we realized it has no touch screen hardware, or that it wasn't functional - in short, the..."
- "My carpet was installed on time how ever my carpet is not holding up to the carpet that I had replaced ( which was 16 years old) I should have..."