Sears - Mattress issues, delivery errors, refusal to make it right
Update added by user Apr 12, 2013
Oops! I accidentally clicked the Bull@$@% button and don't know how to undo that!
Just to update the status, someone from Sears Corporate did finally contact me, but said there was nothing else they could do. Their advice was to try again in six months to file a complaint with the warranty department, basically.
The SEARS rep said Sealy wouldn't let them warranty out htis mattress.
So my husband is still sleeping on the guest bed and me on our son's bottom bunk.
Original review posted by user Mar 12, 2013
I had to jump through 16+ steps, photos, etc.just to get the mattress warranty approved.
Once the sales people at two different stores realized we were searching for a replacement mattress, they walked away and wouldn’t help us because they work on commission. They sent the delivery people to the wrong address. They brought the wrong mattress TWICE! They sold us a replacement that was a closeout mattress priced way below the amount we were entitled for our original mattress.
Because it was a close-out, they didn't even have the right one in stock, so I was forced to choose another without the chance to even try it.
The second replacement has all the same problems as the original mattress – holds heat, sinks too deep when you lie down, offering no support, the box spring sags under the weight of the new mattress and the holes don’t pop back up so when you change positions you’re lying in a pit.I even wrote to corporate, and took new photos, but they won’t replace it or give us a refund.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We brought a Sterns and Foster Luxury Estate bed from Sears in January 2016, thinking we were making a good purchase. However, this was not the case. After two months,..."
- "I bought a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher from Sears in 2011. The model is 665.13742K603. After two years the buttons have quit working. I read on multiple sites..."
- "On August 1st I was washing some sheets. The machine became unbalanced and instead of turning itself off, exploded, took out part of the wall, took out the dryer next..."
- "All Arlo-NetGear cameras have an issue with the amount of milliamps "NEEDED" to keep them operating for the amount of time the company specifies them to. The cameras will..."
- "We had Rhymes replace two very old oil tanks on 7/10/15. All seemed fine. The cost was $3000.00. Twenty days later, the central air conditioning unit in the house isn't..."
- "I got an online opinion on this signed piece but I already had my suspicions. It is allegedly authenticated by Steven Zarelli. People need to be careful especially with buying..."
- "Shipping is in the time. If there is some problem with a product then they will help you to resolve it (replys to your message at 24 hours). You can..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."
- "why is it that when i upgrade defences a few days later i have to upgrade again on same defence once i have maxed it for its town hall level..."