Sears - Mattress issues, delivery errors, refusal to make it right
Update added by user Apr 12, 2013
Oops! I accidentally clicked the Bull@$@% button and don't know how to undo that!
Just to update the status, someone from Sears Corporate did finally contact me, but said there was nothing else they could do. Their advice was to try again in six months to file a complaint with the warranty department, basically.
The SEARS rep said Sealy wouldn't let them warranty out htis mattress.
So my husband is still sleeping on the guest bed and me on our son's bottom bunk.
Original review posted by user Mar 12, 2013
I had to jump through 16+ steps, photos, etc.just to get the mattress warranty approved.
Once the sales people at two different stores realized we were searching for a replacement mattress, they walked away and wouldn’t help us because they work on commission. They sent the delivery people to the wrong address. They brought the wrong mattress TWICE! They sold us a replacement that was a closeout mattress priced way below the amount we were entitled for our original mattress.
Because it was a close-out, they didn't even have the right one in stock, so I was forced to choose another without the chance to even try it.
The second replacement has all the same problems as the original mattress – holds heat, sinks too deep when you lie down, offering no support, the box spring sags under the weight of the new mattress and the holes don’t pop back up so when you change positions you’re lying in a pit.I even wrote to corporate, and took new photos, but they won’t replace it or give us a refund.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I took my electric Craftsman mower into the service center to be repaired. It was only 18 months old and was under a 2 year parts and labor warranty. I..."
- "I purchased a floor model Samsung Refrigerator on 3/26/15 from the sears outlet store in Minneapolis MN. The problems started when the cashier forgot to *** an additional 5% for..."
- "On September 18, 2014 my husband and I purchased a Kenmore French Door/Bottom Freezer Refrigerator (Model #596.72383411 Serial #K42612063) from Sears, in Murphy, NC, at a cost of $2,469.96...."
- "We had Rhymes replace two very old oil tanks on 7/10/15. All seemed fine. The cost was $3000.00. Twenty days later, the central air conditioning unit in the house isn't..."
- "I came across his resume online:http://www.indeed.com/r/bc990602143907d2Every word of it is nothing but lies. I have checked out his references and was told that every time he was at work he..."
- "I ordered a DELUXE delivery of Teleflora's Red, White and You bouquet for a friend's 50th birthday. She sent me a photo of what she received, which she was..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."
- "I contacted Owndoc.com customer service to solve my issue where i couldn't go through with my purchase. In these pictures you can see how badly this woman/alias called Sarah Vaughter..."
- "...all the shots of the ones I wanted of her in angel wings were terrible!!! Photographer only took two shots..."