With Company response

I was set to have my new LG dryer and LP conversion kit delivered on a Tuesday. They showed up on time and unloaded the dryer.

They opened it after I requested and left the packaging on my floor. They looked for the conversion kit for about 5 minutes then told me they could not find it. They said the delivery department would call to schedule another delivery. The delivery department called and told me they could redeliver Thursday but I was not available.

Then they offered Saturday delivery. I said no thanks. I had already been without a dryer long enough. I tried to buy the part in the store but they don't carry it.

I found it on Amazon and had it sent overnight. Next I tried to get a refund for the conversion kit. They had it marked as delivered so I had to contact the delivery department. The delivery department lady, Gail, said they needed 24-48 hours to update their records so I could then call the store and get my refund.

She said to wait for a call back from them. It's been 2 weeks and I have heard nothing. I tried to call the store again today but I can't get through to a live person. I had to leave a message.

This is so much trouble over a part that was on the delivery truck that the delivery guys couldn't be bothered to find. Way to go Sears! Now I am worried about the extended warranty I purchased through Sears.

Can they do repairs without being idiots? I guess I will find out.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous,

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience with our delivery team. We can see that you are upset with us over this situation and you have every right to be after we delivered your dryer without your conversion kit and the hassle you had to encounter to set up an appointment for us to come back out. My name is Kiera and I am with the Sears Social Media Support team and we would like to assist you with this matter. At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the following code that I have assigned you (CSSB136), for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Kiera J.