2.8

A little over a year and and half ago we purchased a Kenmore over the range microwave for our home. A table top Kenmore model that i replaced was over 25 years old and NEVER had an issue.

About 4 months ago while heating up some leftover, there was sparking in the cooking compartment. We fortunately had a Protection agreement and called for service. apparently there was a service bulletin about this particular model and the required parts were ordered and a week later the technician fixed it. Fast forward to two weeks ago.

While using the unit, a loud noise was noticeable and no heating was occurring. Another service call resulted in the replacement of the magnetron and capacitor. Testing the system, resulted in no heating and sparking INSIDE the microwave itself. Fearing a fire hazard, I had the service person remove the unit.

Today a call to the useless customer service number resulted in a representative basically telling me I was SOL and since there were only two service calls so far and replacement could not be provided and that I would need to have another service person come out to fix. I told them there was no way I was going to allow that unit to be plugged into any outlet in my home for fear of burning down my house and requested that if my only choice was to have someone try and fix it, that they should come and get it. Then fix it outside my home and return it. No can do was the response.

When I asked to escalate to someone allowed to make decisions, the reply was there is no one around to do that. A visit to the store is on the schedule for tomorrow and if I get the same BS a call to CEO Ed Lambert is on my agenda for Monday

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Price.

I didn't like: Service, Poor customer service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 16, 2015.

Comments