Ease of Use

I called in advance on May 9 and asked how could I purchase an appliance warranty agreement for my online layaway. I was told I would have to do that at the store.

I asked if I could make the layaway payment there too and the associate assured me that I could. I picked up a cashier's check for the balance owed and went on over to Sears. At the appliance department an associate began processing the payment. After waiting (about 7:30 pm to about 8:45 pm) I was told that I would have to complete the transaction online and then purchase the warranty in store.

I could not do this then as my funds were in the cashier's check and I needed to return to the bank to convert the check which was made out to Sears. Exchanged the Cashier's Check on May 10 to enable digital processing online. May 10 when I went to make the payment online, I found the contract cancelled. May 9 my payment status was in "good standing" and the account was active.

May 10 the beautiful mother's day present was gone and no one could help me. I missed two payments--the one due April 26 (within the 14 day grace period from April 26 and was in store May 9 the due date of the final payment) and no one would take it. Had I know I would not have arranged for someone to take me over there with cashier's check in hand to complete payment as a sears associate had told me I could. We had a sweet deal of $996 including delivery on the refrigerator of mother's dreams.

We shopped and researched financials awhile to pull this together. A person of limited mobility, it is necessary for me to pre-arrange my travel as someone is needed to push me in a wheelchair as most stores don't have electronic carts. Everyone to whom I talked apologized for not being able to help me and offered the refrigerator for $200 more dollars. My family was very disappointed.

My Mom did not get what we had planned for her Mother's day surprise. We couldn't even go and purchase somewhere else as Sears tied up the payment already made.

They just did not care and passed me along in a circle from number to number until I came full circle again. I have never been more disappointed with a company.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Discounts.

I didn't like: Poorly trained staff, Very poor customer service from management and retail support.

Comments