With Company response Not resolved

Re: PYT9000 Lawn Tractor 'sears' Krappe!

This riding mower has 26 hours of use registered on the hour-meter and is in need of repair again for the fourth time in since Spt. 1st '2010. It was out of service most of last summer which has become old hat for the last two riding mowers purchased at the Ashtabula, Ohio location. The belt broke on the first one at five hours on the hour-meter. Of course it was made in 'china' no doubt so was the 'krappe' mower considering the gauge of the steel components.

The 2 Year Warranty expires come September and that causes anxiety regarding future service, repairs and inconvenience from this evidently reject product. As an example the battery was covered for 90 days and had to be replaced last December, as I said the machine has but 26 hours of use. This has become the standard for 'sears' products.

Being disabled and having difficulty walking is why I taxed my minuscule budget to procure a riding mower, it takes me nearly eight hours to mow the grass with a push-mower but less than two hours on a rider type. The two mowers purchased have caused nothing but inconvenience, disgust, pain, expense. Not to mention how deplorable my yard has looked the last three years.

Now! To add more insult to this sordid circumstance. I called for repair service Friday May 4th and was told of an appointment for the 11th of May. " your appointment is for next Friday the 11th from 1-5 P:M " twice. I then wrote that down in my calendar book at that instant while still on the telephone! When I called the afternoon of May 13th I was told that the appointment was May 18th between 1-5 P:M. I was flabbergasted and purely 'put-out'. I know whom I spoke with and at what times also. I have been in a state of ill-will and disbelief with 'sears' all this decade!

Of course now one knows how this snafu came about nor owns up to it. I was never given an explanation what-so-ever! Just the usual effluence of apologies and " thank you for shopping 'sears'. This is revolting.

I am going to send facsimiles of this writing to the Better Business Bureau and possible the Ohio Dept. of Commerce and Attorney General for starters. I do not believe customers deserve maltreatment. Period!!

ERW-M

15th Mayo '12 @ 0001 Hrs.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear For Satisfaction Sake,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. Please accept our apologies for the continued issues you are having with your riding mower. We understand that this is a much needed item, especially for those who with difficulties such as yourself. We are especially sorry for the repair appointment that was rescheduled without your knowledge, your time is valuable and this can be an inconvenience. We would like to contact you to speak further about your experience and go over the options we have to see your worries are put at ease. At you at your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your riding mower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name “For Satisfaction Sake” you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.