Powder Springs, Georgia

My husband's comment moments ago sums it all up perfectly. He said, "As far as I am concerned, Sears lost a customer tonight." Actually, he should have said "two customers plus as many family members, friends and strangers as we can convince."

I bought some curtains because I am re-decorating my mother's house.

Out of about 12 panels, three did not work with the scheme. When I attempted to return the three with my receipt a few hours ago, I was told that since my purchase was made over 30 days ago, the sales clerk could do nothing. I'm thinking that surely the girl means I cannot have cash back (totally understandable) and will offer a gift card. No.

I even took her to the shelf and showed her that the curtains are still being sold for the same price as I paid. As unbelievable as it is, 30 days after your purchase Sears' policy is TOUGH ON YOU. The young sales clerk stated that it is a terrible policy which she personally does not agree with. She also confided that because of the way Sears treats their associates and customers, she is quitting.

I praised her for a wise decision and told her it is obvious that Sears is a sinking ship. While other stores are becoming more lacks concerning restrictions on returns, this is Sear's stance!

I asked to speak with the manager. The poor guy is so beat down that I felt sorry for him.

He told me that there is nothing he can do because Sear's has it set up in the computer for no refund or gift card... nothing after 30 days. In a non-attacking way (because it isn't his fault) I told him that I would call the 1-800 number and he replied in a non-confrontational but instead matter-of-fact way, that it will do no good. I still plan to call but will also take every opportunity for the rest of my days to post negative reviews on line and will interject my negative opinion of Sears in every conversation when possible.

That $40+- gift card will cost them an amazing amount of money in the long run.

Why do companies do such *** things?

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: You can keep your $40 gift card. I have already left this review on two other sites and am just getting started. .

Comments

So you're going to write as many negative reviews as you can because you didn't follow the return within 30 days rule?

When did stup*d become a bad word?

Sears Reviews