Villanova, Pennsylvania

We ordered a set of appliances (refrigerator, range, dishwasher, and microwave/vent) at Sears on March 3rd.We asked them to have it delivered on March 17th, when our contractor would have our kitchen renovation complete.

They have called once to delay the delivery until March 24th. they just called this morning to delay it until the 29th. Almost a month to deliver appliances? Their excuse was that it's the manufacturer delay of the product.

I'm not ordering a custom Viking range that is built when I order it. If you don't have the stock, don't let customers order it.

I am never shopping at Sears again.I hope they go under.

UPDATE: We finally received our refrigerator on March 24th.It took talking to corporate to get that.

They "threw in" a one year warranty for our troubles. Too bad the appliances already come with that. The remaining appliances arrived March 29th. The microwave vent was dented.

Have to wait until April 7th to get a new one delivered. It just gets better.

I received my bill a week ago.Sears is not seeing a cent until I get all my appliances.

I'm sure I'll never hear back from you again. I can't tell you how many companies have told me: "A case manager has been assigned to address your concerns. We will contact you within 24 business hours."

Dear Heatmiser,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We're so sorry for the frustration you're experiencing while waiting for your appliance purchases. The delay is most likely caused by the supply from the actual vendor. Nevertheless, we would like to offer our assistance.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the appliances were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name Heatmiser you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.